Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 02:33 PM

Re: If i was 30 year younger

To be honest Doc, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else now at my age, but 30 years ago? If I had had the money then, I would have loved to have afforded a beachfront property in a quietish part of Spain where I would have to sweep the golden sand off the terrace every day - fall asleep to the sound of gentle waves - wake up every morning to beautiful sunshine and have breakfast on the patio looking out to sea. Sigh! never mind, will have to make do with my toast and marmalade at the kitchen breakfast bar, looking out of the window at the snow, rain, wind and leaves. (which, now I am much older now, I count my blessings every day.)
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 06:12 PM

If money were no object, I would move to the seychelles.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:42 PM

I lived in Spain for 2 years 10 years ago, we had to come back through no fault of our own otherwise we would still be there. We intend to go back to live there one day, right now I wouldn't leave here because my Dad needs me now Mum has passed. I really don't like the climate here and I also don't like where we live anymore, it's getting kinda scarey living here with all the crime thats going on this last year or so. We are seriously thinking of investing in CCTV. What we loved about Spain was how backward it was, it was like stepping back 30 years.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:46 PM

Dunno about 30 years ago, I want to move now.
Hate the doom and gloom of this country and its antequated Victorian ideals. We need to get up to date, the first thing getting rid of the Royals and the House of Lords. And we come to a standstill with a few snowflakes.
Where would I go now? Probably Tenerife or some nice Italian island. Then again, I could also live quite happily in an Irish coastal village (like the one in the film Local Hero).
But I have family and friends in the UK and I couldn't leave. Can't think of another reason apart from not having enough funds yet.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 11:12 PM

I think 30 years ago I would have loved to have lived in the US. New York maybe or Texas. But with hindsight I'd have moved to France. Close enough to the UK but has all the best stuff Europe has to offer in terms of culture, scenery and weather, along with a great infrastructure. Also French men are very appealing and charming. I prefer Italy but France would be a more sensible choice. Of course the UK has the most beautiful countryside and landscapes but if I'd know back then the hash they'd make of the politics here I'd have planned ahead. I just hope things improve - soon!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Dunno about 30 years ago, I want to move now.
Hate the doom and gloom of this country and its antequated Victorian ideals. We need to get up to date, the first thing getting rid of the Royals and the House of Lords. And we come to a standstill with a few snowflakes.
Where would I go now? Probably Tenerife or some nice Italian island. Then again, I could also live quite happily in an Irish coastal village (like the one in the film Local Hero).
But I have family and friends in the UK and I couldn't leave. Can't think of another reason apart from not having enough funds yet.
Can I come?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 11:14 PM

Then again, I could also live quite happily in an Irish coastal village (like the one in the film Local Hero).
Local Hero is set in Scotland. Love that film & the music. I've always had a fantasy of living in some forlorn, windswept cottage on a Scottish Island, far away from the stresses of the cities and being self-sufficient off the land.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Can I come?
Yes please Rhian, but you'll have to fight it out with Mrs. Floydysaurus first.
Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Local Hero is set in Scotland. Love that film & the music. I've always had a fantasy of living in some forlorn, windswept cottage on a Scottish Island, far away from the stresses of the cities and being self-sufficient off the land.
Yes, but it's filmed on the west coast of Ireland.

Anyway, it would be great. If I was retired.
One local pub, one shop etc. I'd repair fishing nets for a few pounds to cover my rent.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 12:10 AM

Yes please Rhian, but you'll have to fight it out with Mrs. Floydysaurus first.

Yes, but it's filmed on the west coast of Ireland.

Anyway, it would be great. If I was retired.
One local pub, one shop etc. I'd repair fishing nets for a few pounds to cover my rent.
Must say I am surprised about that. Always thought that "Local Hero" was mostly filmed up here in north east Scotland and Mallaig and Arisaig on the west coast.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

23-03-2018, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Must say I am surprised about that. Always thought that "Local Hero" was mostly filmed up here in north east Scotland and Mallaig and Arisaig on the west coast.
So did I scot until a couple of years ago. I looked it up and it's Ireland, according to Wikipedia that is!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top