Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 08:16 AM

Daily shower or not?

Apparantly it's not so good for us .

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/bea...10-140487.html

Personally I think in winter a wash is sufficient unless you are doing a gym work out .

Showering in hot water tends to make the skin dry out .

Showering in cool water in winter is too much like a Japanese pow torture .
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:03 AM

Re: Daily shower or not?

I have a hot steamy bath with essential oils every day, I love my bath, we haven't got a shower, but when we move next we will have one put in.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:31 AM

I like to be clean and have a shower first thing every morning, more if I have been doing any messy gardening.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 10:25 AM

Mum is old school and only showers infrequently preferring a wash.

Myself, its at least one shower a day, sometimes two. Im not in there long, 2 minutes, but I never feel clean if I don't have one
caricature
Devon,England.
caricature is male  caricature has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Mum is old school and only showers infrequently preferring a wash.

Myself, its at least one shower a day, sometimes two. Im not in there long, 2 minutes, but I never feel clean if I don't have one
Same here,the wife loves her baths,now the eldest when home can empty a tank of hot water in the shower,how?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I'm with you - I have at least a shower in the morning and one at night and if it has been a hot and sweaty day then I have more.

I have had a bath once in the last 40 years when I stayed with a cousin in the UK. Terrifying, he had carpet in the bathroom!!

Never feel clean after a bath. I don't have a bath at all in my house got rid of it once the kids were old enough to shower themselves.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 11:17 AM

I like to wake up and shower ready for the day and if it's been a sweaty day I have another after work in the evening. Use the right product I prefer sanex sensitive gel you won't dry out at all.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 11:27 AM

I still think a 2 minute shower is a luxury

I grew up with no bathroom so it was the tin bath in front of the fire on a Sunday night, clean nighty and clean sheet day as well

The we moved, had a bathroom, but mum and dad were scared of the electric bills so we were usually perched on the draining board and given a scrub down. When we did get a bath, it was the three of us in there ( 2 sisters). I think I was 12 before I ever got to have a bath by myself

The joy of buying a house that not only had a bath, but a shower . Up to then my only experiences of showers were ones at swimming pools, shared, dodgy water pressure, cracked tiles - never seemed nice places

Now I have 3 showers and a bath and Ive never put foot in the bath, has only ever been used to bathe the dog lol

Take my washing machine, my dishwasher, even my Internet, but leave me my shower
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 04:22 PM

That's a very good story, Missy - nothing to regret, but everything to be grateful for. I am sure some of those showers have felt better than any in the finest spa.

Because I run, I take a minimum of one a day, shampooing/conditioning each time and often take the second shower in the one outdoors after I've been in the gulf.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 05:13 PM

I shower and wash my hair every day, I cant imagine not having a shower each morning.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top