Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 01:16 PM

Re: MP Naz Shah calls for calm after Police shooting

Originally Posted by Judd ->
He was implicated in a murder some seven years ago in the Birkby part of town but got off because of `inconsistencies` by the prosecution witnesses. Looks like this particular leopard didn't change his spots.
Thanks......makes sense.

What's the betting he was about to commit another?
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 01:55 PM

Naughty boy got the slap he deserved why is it even reported

Make your target at least one a day
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 02:47 PM

I hate the way some papers put it
This ones heading was 'dad of two shot by police '
as if he was some cuddly fond father.
Who cares how many kids he had?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-shot-d...095313842.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Tension rises as people protest of police shooting.

Be a crook.....carry a gun......get shot. ....tough luck.

Bye, bye nasty man......you wont be missed.

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/upd...-huddersfield/
My feelings too.

What I can't understand is why so many people were protesting about the shooting of an armed drug dealer.

Oh, the muslim community in Bradford, you say? Ah, yes I understand now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 02:54 PM

Here you go...

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-...olice-12396431
A trial Bradford Crown Court heard that after the incident the damaged Vauxhall Corsa was found to have a large hole in the front bonnet. Around 140 pellets from a shotgun had also struck the vehicle.

But Judge Geoffrey Marson QC threw out the prosecution case against Mr Yaqub.

Judge Marson was asked to review “inconsistencies” in the evidence of a witness and stressed that the case was an identification one and there was a need for special caution.

He told the court: “I regard his evidence as being dangerous and it cannot safely, in my view, be left to the jury even if there is some evidence capable of supporting his identification.”

Ah, I understand. A case of 'we mustn't upset that community or we'll be accused of racism'.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 03:11 PM

Hi

We have to realise that in some instances, for whatever reason, the evidence may not be reliable, as some witnesses have been known to change their minds.

As a general rule our Armed Police have a habit of shouting very loud warnings, before discharging a firearm.

If you have a non legal firearm and do not do what the Police say, then you are liable to get shot, and rightly so.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2017, 03:37 PM

I cannot see any justification for carrying a gun in your vehicle, unless it is for something like clay pigeon shooting...in which case it should be securely locked in a box, in the the boot of your car!
It should be illegal to carry a gun, if it is not securely locked in a suitable box, because the only reason somebody would keep a gun inside their vehicle is if they were intending to use it.
For god's sake, if we don't enforce laws like this, we will become another America where police have to shoot rather than risk being shot.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 12:20 AM

Another protest in Bradford with some protesters causing damage and kicking police cars. The protesters seem to ignore the fact that Yaqub was a known drug dealer (known in Huddersfield at least) and would rather come out in support of a Muslim rather than condemn the actions of a criminal. The trouble hasn't extended to Huddersfield (yet).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...calm-protests/
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2017, 12:40 AM

He was implicated in a murder some seven years ago in the Birkby part of town but got off because of `inconsistencies` by the prosecution witnesses. Looks like this particular leopard didn't change his spots.

ETA. Some questions are being asked as to why the officers involved weren't wearing body-cams. The implication being that they acted improperly and cameras would have verified that?
According to one news report last night, Yorkshire police don't use body-cams. That to me is very odd, considering the reputation that the Yorks police have achieved in the last few years. Saying that, maybe they weren't the ordinary police, they could have been from a different undercover section if it was related to a bigger crime they were involved in. I suppose we will eventually find out.
With regard to the violence erupting, the police need to get a handle on that straight away and no messing , otherwise it will be a regular thing every time someone from the ethnic communities is arrested, just to get their presence felt .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-01-2017, 12:51 AM

Another protest in Bradford with some protesters causing damage and kicking police cars. The protesters seem to ignore the fact that Yaqub was a known drug dealer (known in Huddersfield at least) and would rather come out in support of a Muslim rather than condemn the actions of a criminal. The trouble hasn't extended to Huddersfield (yet).
Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
With regard to the violence erupting, the police need to get a handle on that straight away and no messing , otherwise it will be a regular thing every time someone from the ethnic communities is arrested, just to get their presence felt .
I predict that, once again, blind eyes will be turned for the sake of 'multicultural harmony'!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top