Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 12:43 PM

Re: Any True KINKS Fans Out There?

The Kinks were my all time favourite too. Still have many of their LPs. I've seen them three times and I met them after the show when they played in Poole many years ago. Dave autographed my hand and I didn't wash that for days. Know the words to all their songs, my favourite is Autumn Almanac. In the 60s Dad would tape Top of the Pops onto our old Grundig by placing the mike next to the TV. He and I would explode with excitement when they came on.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->

In fact, that year was incredible. There was Lulu with Shout, The Animals with the House of the Rising Sun, the Byrds with Mr Tambourine Man, Sonny & Cher with I Got You Babe. Fantastic, brilliant music and an era which will never be repeated in the history of music.
Absolutely
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 02:15 PM

After reading this thread, I've now got this playing on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J3gX47rHGg

maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
In fact, that year was incredible. There was Lulu with Shout, The Animals with the House of the Rising Sun, the Byrds with Mr Tambourine Man, Sonny & Cher with I Got You Babe. Fantastic, brilliant music and an era which will never be repeated in the history of music.
and I bet most of us know the words to all of them and many more Weren't we lucky to have experienced that in our teens, so very lucky.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
and I bet most of us know the words to all of them and many more Weren't we lucky to have experienced that in our teens, so very lucky.
You are quoting me there gal - I'm always saying to Hubbs, how 'lucky' we were to have those great memories - fortunately he agrees with me - every time
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2013, 08:21 PM

Sorry, I absolutely hated them! Didn't like their voices, their music. And when they beat the Dave Clark Five in the battle of the giants. Well, that was it!! I've held a lifelong grudge ever since.
zoolady100
Warkworth, Canada
zoolady100 is female 

20-07-2013, 09:59 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you! So glad there are Kinks lovers out there!
I wanted to have a personalized license plate on the car with KINKSR1, something like that but my husband reminded me I go driving by myself quite a bit, ha ha! (damn, still can't get emoticons on my threads!!)

Anyhoo, I'm HURT! My phone won't download the particular app to watch those Kinks videos sent

I'll have to go to YouTube myself & just look them up. Weird, I can watch almost anything with this phone nut if someone puts a YouTube up, I can't watch it that way, go figure.

Thanks again guys.

Btw, I love Ray Davies brother, hee hee.

And I read in Dave's book that him & Gerry Marsden chopped up a hotel front reception area! I never would've thought that of the guy who sings Ferry Across The Mersey,
Angelfire
South, USA
Angelfire is female  Angelfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 03:01 AM

I really liked them. I didn't know they had been banned in the US, what for?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 02:26 PM

I really liked the Kinks too - my favourates being 'Come Dancing' and 'Waterloo Sunset' , but in 1964, IMO the record of the year was 'She's not there' by the Zombies.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2013, 02:35 PM

The Zombies - such a great band and Colin is still a great singer ! sigh ....

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top