Join for free
Page 34 of 52 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 09:33 PM

Re: Jerusalem

What if Jerusalem had been built, in this Green and Pleasant Land?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 09:38 PM

Do we still have dark satanic mills?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 09:40 PM

Probably, not looked lately.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 09:50 PM

They have all been converted to flats .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
You see Gumbud, unless you know what you are talking about, it's better not to commit. You are referring to the first Covenant. That passed, and so did the second Covenant given to Moses. My referrals were from the New Testament which is considered to be the New Covenant in Jesus Christ. So you see, the old Covenants were no longer applicable and the bible quotes I gave you are the word of Jesus.

Hope it helps
what is it about the word "forever" you are having a problem with? when God says forever it is not a trick statement!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
This is what I don't get ..
For those who are unstinting in their praise and support of Israel. Or come to that, in support of Palestinians. Pick either side.
To determine who rightfully should have 'what' in the ME there are only 3 yardsticks of reference.

1) Ancient biblical stuff which many feel is too ancient, even though it is vital to the tribes now in dispute. That's all they are ... different tribes. Not dissimilar to our own Kings of Wessex or Kings of Mercia who warred but times has moved on so forget old stuff.

2) The post-war Partitioning of Palestine .. when it was divided to accommodate Israel.
The allocated boundaries of which have shifted dramatically due to tribal wars ... except Israel have acquired land they were never given.

3) Which leads us to 'now' .. this minute ... when 'might is right' and the boundaries and sovereign rights are based on territory won by conquest. If so, Israel keep everything they have won. The post-war agreement is null.
But ... the trouble with that one is that whilst Israel have the right to 'defend themselves' and annex more land ... the Palestinians also have the right to see what they can win by conquest, or are entitled to resist subjugation by whatever means are available to them ... including terrorist tactics, despicable as they are, as if they win they will become tomorrows 'freedom fighters'.
They are, in reality .. in a state of war.
And all the Peace Envoys struggling to thrash out a deal agreeable to both sides can all come home and leave them to it.

So everyone pick which option they prefer.
I suspect the tribes themselves are still stuck on number one option whilst actively pursuing number 3.
Number 2 seems to have got lost along the way.
The whole of the ME have an archaic mindset based on tribal warfare.
and the angel of the Lord said to Hagar your son [ishmael / Muslims] will become the leader of a great nation but he will always be waring - brother will fight brother like the wild donkeys of the desert and so it has ever been so!! - history does teach us lessons that we continually ignore! - the sunnis and shiites are kicking s.....t out of each other as we type all over the ME and the sadness of it is that they continuously drag the non-Muslims into the fights [russians/yanks/brits etc etc] fun isn't it!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

22-05-2018, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Hi Muddy and thanks for reposting your thoughts.

But I was hoping to hear more on the fact that Russia and China only recognise West Jerusalem as the Israeli capital and see East Jerusalem as reserved as a capital of a future Palestinian state.

These are two big super powers who are not aligned with backing of the US move. I am not interested in your views of Arab nations being against this as that's just a rabbit-hole of predictable opinions. I am interested in yours and others views of the Russia/China stance.

It seems that it's an area of debate nobody wants to expand on.
expand let it be so - I have lived in China for a while - loved their food and sceneries and smartness - very smart in place [not pollution but they are trying] they are expanding quietly and smartly and are spending time winning back the South China Sea [ anyone been following that story? - fighting off all those little nations who are supported by the yanks?] they are smart enough to work out that the ME is another quagmire that they don't want to step into.

the russians - the thick silly bear who's greatest technique for world interference is poisoning people - very smart! - but they are dabbling in the ME in Syria to be precise - they are testing the waters but they are having enough trouble trying to reign in all their billionaires and off course rebuild the entire russian empire that was - the brits have a longstanding history of being in the ME - the yanks who love a war have joined in from time to time - and we all love oil of course - oh and selling our weapons of war at exorbitant prices. But I think they have worked it that the ME is a quagmire and once you've stepped in it difficult to extract oneself. but you know what I think there is an element of " they think they are helping the poor arabs to become civilized" - it's gods work!!

IMO - no references needed! oh ball kicked back into play??
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
and the angel of the Lord said to Hagar your son [ishmael / Muslims] will become the leader of a great nation but he will always be waring - brother will fight brother like the wild donkeys of the desert and so it has ever been so!! - history does teach us lessons that we continually ignore! - the sunnis and shiites are kicking s.....t out of each other as we type all over the ME and the sadness of it is that they continuously drag the non-Muslims into the fights [russians/yanks/brits etc etc] fun isn't it!
Absolutely. We should keep our noses out and just let them get on with it.

EDIT: except for selling them weapons at outrageous prices!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
expand let it be so - I have lived in China for a while - loved their food and sceneries and smartness - very smart in place [not pollution but they are trying] they are expanding quietly and smartly and are spending time winning back the South China Sea [ anyone been following that story? - fighting off all those little nations who are supported by the yanks?] they are smart enough to work out that the ME is another quagmire that they don't want to step into.

the russians - the thick silly bear who's greatest technique for world interference is poisoning people - very smart! - but they are dabbling in the ME in Syria to be precise - they are testing the waters but they are having enough trouble trying to reign in all their billionaires and off course rebuild the entire russian empire that was - the brits have a longstanding history of being in the ME - the yanks who love a war have joined in from time to time - and we all love oil of course - oh and selling our weapons of war at exorbitant prices. But I think they have worked it that the ME is a quagmire and once you've stepped in it difficult to extract oneself. but you know what I think there is an element of " they think they are helping the poor arabs to become civilized" - it's gods work!!

IMO - no references needed! oh ball kicked back into play??
Thanks for the braindump.

So if the Russians are a thick silly bear, what does that make the US?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2018, 10:55 PM

A wild turkey .. like Benjamin Franklin wanted.
Admittedly the bald eagle looks more fearsome when threatening war and tough stuff.

Page 34 of 52 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top