Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 03:51 PM

Washing Machine RIP

yep its gone its spun its last load of dirty clothes and given up the ghost..

I cant complain its done more washing in the past 18 years than most washers ever do.. Son1 worked as a car mechanic and washed his greasy overals, son 2 was a chef and washed his kitchen whites, my OH bought home his greasy stuff too and then there was the normal washing of a family of 5 to contend with..

The problem is electrical (printed circuit board) so fixing it is not an option.

A new one is expensive about £1,000 but I cant say Im in any doubt and so Im ordering another Miele tomorrow.

Its always a bit of a jolt when things break and you realise how old they are isnt it?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 04:40 PM

Re: Washing Machine RIP

Cass, we were fed up with washing machines only lasting a few years so we bought a Miele. We've only had it a few years (still within warranty), but it's a fantastic machine and I wish we'd splashed out and bought a Miele ages ago. (We got one on offer for £850)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 05:06 PM

Didn't it do well Cass
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 06:13 PM

RIP Miele, hello new Miele
I used to have Zanuzzi a few times but it was generally the programme
that broke then the spin on it.
I decided to try a new brand and last year bought a Hotpoint
with a A++ energy saving on it. I like this one as its got
a 9minute rinse and a 15 or 30 or 1.30 minutes wash.
Differing degrees of heat and then the massive 3hrs 20minutes one
which I wont be using as I don't need that long.
Had more load than the other one and happy with this one.
Made me a happy washer
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 06:52 PM

Only thing with miele theyre expensive when they do go wrong, still, theyre well engineered mcs(I know cos I work on them) to the point of being over engineered, still your new one should last a long time too
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 07:09 PM

Bought a Miele many years ago cost a fortune but worth every penny plus they do a quick wash.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 08:38 PM

There was a washing machine in this house when we bought it, no idea what make and no idea how old it was, but I used it for 13 years until it went with a big bang. I bought a Hisense, never heard of them before, it wasn´t cheap by any stretch of the imagination but it had the requirements I wanted, quick wash, mixed load and various others which I know I won´t use. If I have any complaint about it at all it´s that the blessed thing is obviously more intelligent than me, put the wrong item in on the wrong setting and it won´t go, it just flashes up a message telling you to set the correct programme for the item, e.g put a fleecy jacket on quick wash, no chance, it has to go on fleece or down wash. It took me ages to get used to it, but I think I´ve just about got it sorted now.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 10:33 PM

Miele is expensive in outlay but I think considering how much work its done its actually worked out quite cheap.

The average life of a washer being around 5 years and costing about £350 I would have had to buy three by now totalling more than Im going to pay for my Miele..
Then theres the added bonuses, a miele is an A+++ with a 6kg drum and very little noise 49db on the spin.. So using less water less electric and making less noise whilst being big enough for a large load..
It has a half load option and a soft care drum too..

Hopefully with just two of us in the house this time it should last us until we are about 80!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 02:27 PM

My Miele has been with me for 16 years now, and I'm hoping it will see me out. It has had a fairly easy time since there is only me, so it's encouraging that yours lasted 18 years of much harder life!
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 02:36 PM

When we first moved into this house (17 years ago) we bought the cheapest washing machine we could find, I don't even know what make it is (at work) will check when I get home, and it is still going strong, fingers crossed.

I keep saying I think it is on its last legs and we keep going to get another one, but while it is working leave it alone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top