Join for free
Page 10 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 12:11 PM

Re: Trying to be gentlemanly

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am very serious, looks have definitely never attracted me. I remember swearing when I was 13 that I would never want to have a boyfriend. I met my husband when I was 15, having never been interested in any guy before I met him. He fascinated me as he was so different to other boys. It was his high intelligence which was fascinating, and possibly because it is likely he has Asperger's syndrome. We married four years later, and have been married for 48 years. I have never been remotely interested in any other man, nor would I be again if he kicks the bucket before I do.
Well that's great and I am happy for you but you can't expect everyone else to feel the same as you do.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well that's great and I am happy for you but you can't expect everyone else to feel the same as you do.
Where did I ever say I expected everyone to feel the same as me?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
I have been married 40+ years and have always remained faithful to my husband. I would not be interested in remarrying if my husband "kicked the buucket". I would be lying if I said I had never fancied another man but I believe you can look but not touch.

Leia, l think, it's referred to as, 'window shopping'!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 12:49 PM

I am very serious, looks have definitely never attracted me. I remember swearing when I was 13 that I would never want to have a boyfriend. I met my husband when I was 15, having never been interested in any guy before I met him. He fascinated me as he was so different to other boys. It was his high intelligence which was fascinating, and possibly because it is likely he has Asperger's syndrome. We married four years later, and have been married for 48 years. I have never been remotely interested in any other man, nor would I be again if he kicks the bucket before I do.
To paraphrase Mr Rochester some people are tenacious of life.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 12:54 PM

I am very serious, looks have definitely never attracted me. I remember swearing when I was 13
You were swearing when You were 13!!...shock horror..I hope You are ashamed of Yourself and that Your Parents punished You well for it
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 01:05 PM

I fully respect all of your principles and the way you choose to conduct your life Tarantula, particularly in respect of your choice of Husband.
Good on you.
However I do hope you don't think I am being impertinent in me asking this question:
With your way of choosing a partner, has your marriage been a happy one?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 01:09 PM

I have never ogled a guy in my life.
Ah! At last something on which we both agree.

I am only interested in personality, not looks.
As for women my priorities, in order, are as follows:

1. Legs
2. Face
3. Personality/intelligence
4. Tits

(As you can see, tits come a poor last.)
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah! At last something on which we both agree.

As for women my priorities, in order, are as follows:

1. Legs
2. Face
3. Personality/intelligence
4. Tits

(As you can see, tits come a poor last.)
I thought your post sagged a bit at the end JBR!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2017, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
You were swearing when You were 13!!...shock horror..I hope You are ashamed of Yourself and that Your Parents punished You well for it
Ha! Ha!. I would have had the life thrashed out of me if I ever uttered a swear word in front of my parents.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

30-08-2017, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by InfamyInfamy ->
I fully respect all of your principles and the way you choose to conduct your life Tarantula, particularly in respect of your choice of Husband.
Good on you.
However I do hope you don't think I am being impertinent in me asking this question:
With your way of choosing a partner, has your marriage been a happy one?
We haven't murdered each other yet.

Page 10 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top