Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2010, 11:19 AM

Praise and also screw you

Yesterday I tried to phone my mother,as did my brother and next door neighbour. Hours passed and I started to worry so I phoned BT to ask if the problem on her line was fixed.

Yes they say.

So now I am concerned and phone the police-they were very understanding and offered to go round.

30 minutes later I get a call from a sergeant from mum`s house putting her on a mobile-she was fine but her phone was down.

so praise our police force but screw you BT-elderly folk have `life lines` so get your bloody finger out
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2010, 11:21 AM

Re: Praise and also screw you

We are reliant on BT as mobiles don't work where we live!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Yesterday I tried to phone my mother,as did my brother and next door neighbour. Hours passed and I started to worry so I phoned BT to ask if the problem on her line was fixed.

Yes they say.

So now I am concerned and phone the police-they were very understanding and offered to go round.

30 minutes later I get a call from a sergeant from mum`s house putting her on a mobile-she was fine but her phone was down.

so praise our police force but screw you BT-elderly folk have `life lines` so get your bloody finger out

Buy her a mobile for Christmas
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2010, 01:03 PM

Sounds typical of BT Old Git. Our phones were down for about 6 days very recently and from what I can gather a wide area was affected by someone accientally cutting a cable. BT never bothered to let anyone know, or even apologise. When they were contacted they just said Oh it will be on again by Monday next - and that was all. Pity they have a monopoly on the lines.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2010, 01:12 PM

Good marks to the police and bad ones to BT!!

Glad you managed to get in touch with her, OG, must have been worrying for you.

Take care.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2010, 01:19 PM

How worrying for you OG

Well done to our caring police but I think BT deserves a stern rebuke .....
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2010, 02:48 PM

That's disgusting of BT, and how selfish!
You could well have done without that unnecessary worry OG.
Another brownie point for our police force, after they recently helped me.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2010, 03:02 PM

Can't people get done for wasting police time? Send the bill to BT!
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2010, 06:26 PM

Oh now, don't get me started on BT
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2010, 06:34 PM

Typical of BT we were told our line was ok when it obviously wasn't.

When I had trouble contacting my elderly aunt and was worried I contacted her local police, they wouldn't go and check on her but sent an ambulance instead. Needless to say my Aunt was fine but she gave me a right earbashing for embarrassing her!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top