Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 10:12 PM

Childhood memories

A question which was asked on 'Ask the next person any question' gave me the idea for this thread.

What childhood memories do you hold inside you that is still as vivid today as it was when it happened?

One of mine is:-

The day I went with my sister to the post office to collect a large parcel from my uncle in Canada. I was five years old, it was a Monday and I had been told that inside the parcel was something very precious and valuable so do not drop it. I carried the box , which seemed massive, it was about one cubic foot all the way home .

When we got home I was allowed to open the box very carefully and inside was the most chocolate that I had ever seen. I did really enjoy that chocolate as it was my first taste of the nectar.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2011, 10:53 PM

Re: Childhood memories

Events which were naughty/ sad /stick in my mind and are vivid today ..
..Going for an afternoon nap aged about 3, being bored and pulling the insides out of the alarm clock,

.. going to a family wedding aged about 4, standing on my chair at the wedding breakfast and saying 'needles and pins,when a man marries his troubles begin'

..and many many more
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 01:47 AM

Nice memory. I can remember when I was 5, riding in a car from the house we were living in to the new house we were moving to, and crying bitterly because Mom had packed my Arabella (where I got that name I have no idea!),my stuffed cat and I wanted her!

Odd the things that made such an impression that we remember them decades later .......
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 04:05 PM

Going to the pictures with my cousin and felt something creeping about my body, went to the toilet and took all my clothes off and shook them and put them back on and went home, was about six at the time. Never went to that picture house again.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 05:53 PM

Aged four, with my Grandparents in India. King Cobra had got up into the rafters (was hunting mice and rats up there). In moving from one rafter to another, it missed and 'plopped down' beside me hissing and spitting. House Mongoose and 'pet' Tiger cub raced one another to get there first to kill and eat Cobra.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 06:10 PM

Going to Hucknall air show around 1960, when I was allowed to sit in the Spitfire's cockpit..every youngster's dream machine.....
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 06:26 PM

We had a very old black and white TV for many years, but I had a rich uncle who was one of the first in our family who had a colour one. I can still remember the day when I first saw Star Trek in colour for the first time.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Nice memory. I can remember when I was 5, riding in a car from the house we were living in to the new house we were moving to, and crying bitterly because Mom had packed my Arabella (where I got that name I have no idea!),my stuffed cat and I wanted her!

Odd the things that made such an impression that we remember them decades later .......
Eileen you were obviously born a cat lover ...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

19-07-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Going to the pictures with my cousin and felt something creeping about my body, went to the toilet and took all my clothes off and shook them and put them back on and went home, was about six at the time. Never went to that picture house again.
eeek, I am now itching and wondering what it was ...
Perhaps it is best not to know...
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2011, 07:57 PM

Being sent to the Offie for me dad's beer and buying a bottle of R Whites for me.
Watching my big brother make me a bedside cabinet out of an old table and deciding he was the best brother in the world

Going to the shop for bread and milk and breaking the crusty bits off the loaf on the way home and knowing I was in trouble but not minding.

Leaving my PE kit on the bus after school and thinking it was the end of the world.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top