Join for free
Page 339 of 1676 « First < 239 289 329 337 338 339 340 341 349 389 439 839 1339 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 02:56 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Nice to see you all in good harmonic form lads, seldom is wonderful.

I hope the work is not grinding you down Spitty, take it easy.
A grinder is useless unless you have an edge, as Chief Dan George said to Clint Eastwood in the film Josey Wales 'Yeh gotta have an edge, everyone's gotta have an edge, take that young squaw over there, she's got plenty of edges'

Indeed we could all learn something from Chief Dan George's writings, he was a very wise man, here's a couple of his quotes.

'There is a longing among all people and creatures to have a sense of purpose and worth. To satisfy that common longing in all of us we must respect each other'

'Of all the teachings we receive, this one is most important: Nothing belongs to you of what there is, of what you take, you must share'

'We had the land and they came with their bibles, now they have the land and we have the bibles'

A truly great man in my opinion, he was factual and witty at the same time, as me granny would say 'Half joking and whole in earnest. A Canadian chief who began his acting career at the age of 60!
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 05:28 PM

I have been trying to popularize the word STREWN.
S.T.R.E.W.N
Say it out loud,. its better than shouting in a 1st class carriage as you go into a tunnel.
Better than
having the last ROLO
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 08:47 PM

I didn't think anything could be better than the last Rolo RJ.

STREWN as in a strippers garments scattered on the deck?

Music Maestro please!

'Here's a happy tune, where you can swoon, beneath the moon
They call it the strewn song
Have no fears, you'll shed no tears, drink up your beers
Take off your hat, fling it on the mat, avoid the cat
Stay were you are, remove your bra, slide round the bar
Next your pants, while you dance, a sexy glance
they call it the strewn song'

And on until all is strewn on the floor.

You may have accidently stumpled on the secret of the century there RJ, it is written that when the saviour returns he will be able to preach to every corner of the world all at once, therefore I foresee him having a twitter account under the username S.T.R.E.W.N. Watch out for it round about the year 2020.

Saviour To Return Eliminating Wretched Nasties.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2017, 09:50 PM

Blimey RJ, Strewn, that's a bit Seedy, Strewth.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 12:57 AM

he does come out with such piffle sometimes - balderdash I say! may his strewns shrink in the night and give his reproductives a nasty twinge!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 03:59 AM

THIS,is a genuine product I found on the shelves of a well-known grocery retailer,who's name rhymes with 'Pesco'....

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2017, 07:58 PM

yes but ya can see the bird beneath -weren't tryin to hide it were ya?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

08-11-2017, 08:53 PM

Pug I think a soup with the word Cock in the name simply means there's chicken in it, like that Scottish soup Cock-A-Leekie which contains chicken and leeks, there's also a fair bit of dripping, but not as much as to have to call a plumber.

I heard a song on the radio while working today, it was Boy George singing that chameleon song, then a thought struck me, what kind of an old git would professionally call himself 'Boy' at 56 years of age? Think it's time to drop the boy and revert to your old name again George Alan O'Dowd, won't be long now boy till your hobbling along for the bus with your free pass.
Then you have the 'Beach Boys' or what's left of them, they are even older than me, and the 'Spice Girls' are pushing on too, wouldn't surprise me if one of them was a spice granny by now.
Boys will be boys I know but not forever, no foresight when choosing stage names that's what it is.
Remember that band of old lads called 'The Decomposers', they had one hit and that was it...then they went their own ways and duly decomposed as they always had supposed they would.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

09-11-2017, 12:38 AM

well you can have boy george back anytime he is messing about on oz tv

back to strewn

There was a young lady from strewn
Who constantly gazed out at the moon
She gazed at it so much she got spasms in crutch
And they diagnosed here as “strewn with the strewn”
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

09-11-2017, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
THIS,is a genuine product I found on the shelves of a well-known grocery retailer,who's name rhymes with 'Pesco'....

I did tell you Pugs that when these dirty thoughts came back again take a little more barium with ya cocoa?

Page 339 of 1676 « First < 239 289 329 337 338 339 340 341 349 389 439 839 1339 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top