Join for free
Page 438 of 1676 « First < 338 388 428 436 437 438 439 440 448 488 538 938 1438 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 12:36 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Numerous,are the times you mention in somewhat derogatory tones,that I hold doctorates in physics and other sciences,good sir. Pr'ithee-are you jealous,dubious or merey scathing? I have NO desire to belay the scathing badinage with which you set about my particular fields of cerebral emmincence - after all,I also play guitars,keyboards,harmonicas and drums,ride a 1200cc motorcycle,hold black belts in three different martial arts plus boxed-and still have the trophies thereof-for 45RMC. 45 straight k/o's,plus one [my last fight] instant disqualification for going down on one knee and punching a R/E sergeant straight in his tiny,weeny,pathetically squishy knackers [the w#nker kept head-butting me,then derided two members of my company who had been killed 6 weeks earlier] I lifted that bastard a good 19" off the canvas-he came down flat,f#cked and sorry he ever badmouthed a member of 45RMC,321 EOD. But NONE
of that has ANYTHING to do with asking why I'm seeing a silent black rectangle. I merely asked. Physics/astro-physics,string-theory,lightwave-contstruction and graviational constants are NOT reliant on some musclemouth taking the piss on a forum. WTF should I know what the 'go to' format for playing videos on 'Over 50's is???'. And incidentally,that boiler-the one that TH
REE 'experts' have examined and condemned,all stating it's beyond repair....is STILL,as I sit typing this with all my 7 remaining fingers....WORKING! I,Mr thikazshitcozeeduzzntnowot'goto'togoto' got it working,using parts of a lawnmower,parts of a tractor-and bits of a vacuum cleaner. Ok,musclemouth-beat me-show me YOUR technical ingenuity at work.
Ok,musclemouth-beat me-show me YOUR technical ingenuity at work.
well where shall I begin as Alice said to the Queen - my my you really do look and sound like a proper Queen!!

but away with the compliments dear Pugsy - let me see now as he sifts through his portfolio of docos - yes [as he blows off the dust] here is my high school leaving certificate in reading and writing [the Queens English] and next my Diploma in Ballet Dancing IV grade from Miss Fartingales
Academy for the Arts and Farts. As the only male dancer I must admit I was smothered and mothered!

then I moved onto the use of the violin; saxaphone and clarinet for the making of jazz notes - a got an -A in that one.

Certificate in Rock and Roll dancing Parts I and II in which I could swing a girl through the legs and over the shoulders [her legs and shoulders!]

later in life I obtained a sertisfiscate in Home Brewing which has [hic] stood me in good stead all my life

oops nearly forgot but as all will attest - Boy Scout Certificate in Limerick and Poetry writing

I'll dig the rest out later and now to your conundrum [well you did say you played the drums didn't you?] about the simple straightforward task to pasting a Youtube or as my dear FIL keeps saying a Lootube!!

simple tip toe to the Help section on this site and once there said Alice to the Queen click on how to paste youtubes [yes they are for YOU too!] and once on that THREAD go to page 2 and find the post from Mark - [a very long standing friend of this forum and a very technically minded man in all things electronic and cyberspace] and simply ;simply very simply follow his instructions - works every time with one rider or cavearse - you may need to try different 'default programs' some work better than others [ for default programs try google or computers for dummies]

I do hope you have found all of this helpful as that's what leisurely scribbles is all about - helping our chums [including new comers]
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 01:31 AM

GOTTIT!

oh. no I haven't...

....soddit....

......carry on........don't mind me...

I bloody WILL beat this BUMNUGGET bloody computer! it's using a 128-bit rotational,via a sectional byte-system - so,if I add a little bit juuuusssst ... HERE and a formatic codec just.....HERE...[just a 64-bit 'opener' needed,thus 'inviting' files such as videos to start running]...right-now all it needs is rotational-invertive using 128-bit,then the videos will show clearly...aaaaannnnd....ah. nuts. So,VLC,once trimmed of excess codec,due to using a pbi-dec 40-byte pdu as standard will actually operate more efficiently than Windows' own built-in standard version. HMM-wezme screwdriver gone.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:35 AM

cum on Pugsy the pride of the 'old boys club' is resting on your shoulders or is that your screwdriver - I had a lot of mates once who were drivers of various kind but they never taught me anything about screwing?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 02:38 PM

Hello Possums
I am sure things will work out for Pug.

A couple of things for you all.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 06:50 PM

Mags your a real topper, thanks a million.
I sent that record over to my now deceased brother in London when it came out first, his missus told me he used to be in floods of tears when he played it although he would never admit that to me himself.
But alas, he was too long over there to ever settle back here, his two boys, well they are in their forties now, still visit me at least once a year, one of them is a doctor in Wales and is over here at the moment attending some conference, I had a pint with him and me son last night, he’s quite mad, the doc not the son.

Somebody gave me a bum steer on those fancy brackets, I won’t mention the name , but I will have a go at it again sometime.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 07:02 PM

I was never very good at the maths Sweetie, figures seemed to jumble up inside me head and wouldn't stay in the one place, they probably have a medical name for that now.
I had just about managed the basics of the thing when the teacher told us we were about to start algebra, that finally put the nail in it for me, adding numbers was hard enough but trying to add letters and numbers (y=x=2=1) seemed the stuff of nightmares to me, so I literally took the blows and blotted the whole idea out of me head forever, besides I got along fine without algebra.

That chart reminds me of what we used to say in kids school.

“Supposin supposin three men were frozen
one died, how many were left?"

Answer, none, it was only supposin.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well where shall I begin as Alice said to the Queen - my my you really do look and sound like a proper Queen!!

but away with the compliments dear Pugsy - let me see now as he sifts through his portfolio of docos - yes [as he blows off the dust] here is my high school leaving certificate in reading and writing [the Queens English] and next my Diploma in Ballet Dancing IV grade from Miss Fartingales
Academy for the Arts and Farts. As the only male dancer I must admit I was smothered and mothered!

then I moved onto the use of the violin; saxaphone and clarinet for the making of jazz notes - a got an -A in that one.

Certificate in Rock and Roll dancing Parts I and II in which I could swing a girl through the legs and over the shoulders [her legs and shoulders!]

later in life I obtained a sertisfiscate in Home Brewing which has [hic] stood me in good stead all my life

oops nearly forgot but as all will attest - Boy Scout Certificate in Limerick and Poetry writing

I'll dig the rest out later and now to your conundrum [well you did say you played the drums didn't you?] about the simple straightforward task to pasting a Youtube or as my dear FIL keeps saying a Lootube!!

simple tip toe to the Help section on this site and once there said Alice to the Queen click on how to paste youtubes [yes they are for YOU too!] and once on that THREAD go to page 2 and find the post from Mark - [a very long standing friend of this forum and a very technically minded man in all things electronic and cyberspace] and simply ;simply very simply follow his instructions - works every time with one rider or cavearse - you may need to try different 'default programs' some work better than others [ for default programs try google or computers for dummies]

I do hope you have found all of this helpful as that's what leisurely scribbles is all about - helping our chums [including new comers]
YOU BLEEDIN' SHOWOFF!
Y'GOTCHA BOYSCOUT SUSSTIFICATE IN POTREE!!!!

Bugger! I'm beaten....

[head hung in shame,Pug mooches inta da distance,alone as per,muttrin' rood fings abart poetic scarts]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

16-01-2018, 12:39 AM

well if you must insist in playin around with the girl guides all the time wot do yu expek - needle point work and crocheting and a muzical degree in gigglin??
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 12:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Mags your a real topper, thanks a million.
I sent that record over to my now deceased brother in London when it came out first, his missus told me he used to be in floods of tears when he played it although he would never admit that to me himself.
But alas, he was too long over there to ever settle back here, his two boys, well they are in their forties now, still visit me at least once a year, one of them is a doctor in Wales and is over here at the moment attending some conference, I had a pint with him and me son last night, he’s quite mad, the doc not the son.

Somebody gave me a bum steer on those fancy brackets, I won’t mention the name , but I will have a go at it again sometime.
You're very welcome Jem
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

16-01-2018, 12:47 AM

well OK sweetie pie appropriate suggestions have cum in from others which country on my itinerary would you wish to know some things about - incidentally I think I missed out Thailand which is rather strange as my son lived there for 15 years and brought a Thai bride back!

Page 438 of 1676 « First < 338 388 428 436 437 438 439 440 448 488 538 938 1438 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top