Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 03:56 PM

Re: Shed a tear over a song

Three Times A Lady

The Commodores

Thanks for the times that you've given me
The memories are all in mind
And now that we've come
To the end of our rainbow
There's something I must say out loud!

Your once, twice
Three times a lady
And I love you
Yes, your once, twice
Three times a lady
And I love you!

When we are together
The moments I cherish
With every beat of my heart
To touch you, to hold you
To feel you, to need you
There's nothing to keep us apart
You're once, twice
Three times a lady
And I love you!
I love you !

This one always makes Me shed a tear when I hear it as it was the last song I sung for My Darlin Mum before She died.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

I like that Nom, it's sad too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Easy one...one of my twin daughters was travelling all over America that summer of 2005 and was in New Orleans when hurricane Katrina was forecast.
Luckily they had booked their coach out the day before it was due to strike.
Unfortunately there were no drivers that day when the youngsters turned up for their coach - they'd all buggered off out as indeed had most of the inhabitants of New Orleans who could afford to.

So they were instructed to head pdq to the Superdome where they would find shelter.

But we lost contact at that point and had absolutely no way if knowing whether they'd made it safely there or not. Some of you may remember the horrific stories that came out of New Orleans and the Superdome during that long week.
We were frantic for news, we heard nothing for ten days, the TV was on day and night for news.
Stay with me, I'm getting to the point!

Then suddenly after the August Bank Holiday weekend there she was on Skype safe and sound with absolutely no idea that we'd heard nothing! It was horrendous and dangerous in there but the US marines had kept them safe...anyway, Coldplay's 'Fix You' was being played all the time back then...and what do you think my girl heard being played over the sound system when she finally walked through Heathrow heading for home?

"Lights will guide you home...and ignite your bones...and I will try to fix you" ...and I'm sitting here with tears streaming down my silly face as I remember!

Ruthio, what a poignant story, but don't cry now you old softie. It made me fill up just reading your words. x
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-12-2016, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
It's a bit cheesy I know but it never fails to make me cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKAeeGnAYBo

Oh yes Abbey, that was another tear jerker wasn't it.

Do they still make meaningful songs now? I can't think of any off the top of me head.

As a kid I would always bawl if I heard Elvis singing "Old Shep". Probably still would now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ACtMyq-Eo
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 04:13 PM

Modern music doesn't have the same effect on my emotions as classical music then mostly instrumental rather than songs this being one exception..

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 04:19 PM

A Reminder of lost youth and summers gone.....

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 04:36 PM

Hi

A very poignant one for me.

Years ago now. it was when the mother of my kids left.

God, I loved that women.

No idea she had been having an affair.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-12-2016, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

<iframe width="426" height="240" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9GXua6gD4Hc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What on earth's that Swims? Nothing's there except a load of letters and numbers?

Apologies, I see you changed it. x
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Modern music doesn't have the same effect on my emotions as classical music then mostly instrumental rather than songs this being one exception..
Oh Lordy, Lordy ..... we have found common ground.

Interesting that you chose the antipodean Kiwi version.
To be surpassed only by those "uncultured" Australian sopranos like Joan Sutherland, Joan Hammond, June Bronhill or (way back) Nellie Melba.
Of course Callas wasn't too shabby either - and even the more recent Yank, Renee Fleming.

Whilst working for EMI Records in the late seventies, I once had to sit through one rehearsal and five performances of Madam Butterfly in four days - enough already !
30+ years later, I can enjoy it again - but it took a while.

EDIT: After posting, I suddenly thought to go back and see who the OP was

EDIT (2) : And now I note the (Australian) Seekers as well !
Are there no Pommie favourites ?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2016, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What on earth's that Swims? Nothing's there except a load of letters and numbers?
Look up!!

Beautiful.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top