Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2017, 06:44 PM

Re: The Airport Experience. Love it or Hate it?

The best airport ( or at least it used to be) is Changi .
Singapore ( yes it was built on the Japanese prison camp)
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 04:48 AM

I am quite happy waiting for a plane in KLIA (Kuala Lumpur) terminal C they have a nice little automatic train to get you there from the domestic terminal as well as plenty of comfortable seats, lounges and food.

Manchester was the worst airport I have ever been to either leaving or arriving designed as a test of stamina by a triathlon contestant I suspect and the security was horrendous.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2017, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Anyone been to Schiphol air port Amsterdam to change planes? it is that big it is at least half an hour walk from one side to the other. Not only that you can't even do it air side, you have to go through customs on the way out to the other tereminal and through customs again to go through customs at the other.
Also top top that you have to also go through two xray machine on the transfer from one to another.

Something we had to do twice on our China trip
Yes once, had to change planes there and didnt realise that there were two Airlines flying to Birmingham, so we were at the wrong gate and were being called by the other Airline, OMG what a distance we had to go. We got very dirty looks from the other passengers
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 12:55 AM

I flew from Bristol last night despite being very busy everything went smoothly.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 05:10 AM

Here's the secret to having a phenomenal time in any airport in the world:

Watch the toddlers.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Here's the secret to having a phenomenal time in any airport in the world:

Watch the toddlers.
I agree, always a pleasant diversion, comical too
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 11:27 PM

An airport is much preferable to a bus station!!!

Seriously though - I love airports - all airports. The hustle & bustle, the shops, the Duty Free - the air of excitement - and the bars of course .... The airport experience is part of the flying.

I enjoy flying and have never suffered jet lag. I have no problem sleeping on night flights and was bright as a button when we landed at Heathrow on a flight from New York.

Alas my passport has now expired and with Tony having Alzheimer's I don't think we will be going abroad anymore but I have lovely memories of some great holidays.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2017, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
When I used airports I always found Stanstead a pain in the rear to much walking involved I was forever stopping and getting my breath back.
I hate the place....all the flights seem to arrive at the same time and getting through passport control was like battling through the old turnstiles at a football ground.

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Some years ago I went to Australia
I had to go to a line because I had been in a stables recently .
They took out my riding boots and yes ( schooling whip ) and had a good time making funny comments on the said items to the entertainment of the entire queue !
Are you sure it wasn't the thigh high boots and pvc mini skirt you were wearing
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2017, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I hate the place....all the flights seem to arrive at the same time and getting through passport control was like battling through the old turnstiles at a football ground.

Are you sure it wasn't the thigh high boots and pvc mini skirt you were wearing

Nah, t'was the leather Basque and fishnet stockings !!!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top