Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
ChrisSamsDad
New Member!
Eccles, UK
ChrisSamsDad is male 

22-12-2017, 12:40 AM

Re: UK Passports

Like most of the reasons people voted for Brexit. The whole blue passport thing is false too. Any country in the EU can chose to have whatever colour they want. Croatia has a dark blue cover for instance.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 12:04 AM

I was reading recently that passports world wide only come in four colours - red, green, blue or black. However there are some variations of shade within those colours eg a light green or a dark green.

The article was nothing to do with the EU, Brexit or even the UK, merely passport colours. Let's face it who cares what colour your passport is? you just need to have one.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:36 AM

Absolutely Bruce and ChrisSD. Many people, myself included, also buy a wallet to keep their passport in, as they do with their mobile phones. The cover of the passport is unimportant, it's the inside of the passport that's important. Mine has the usual information, who I am, date of birth, etc etc and states I am a British subject..what more does anyone want? I honestly do not understand the hysteria about what colour the passport cover is. Your passport isn't something you go waving about at people every day is it?
Only certain people ever need to see it, and I very much doubt the people who do need to see the passport care very little, if at all, what colour the cover is. Some people will be demanding the return of navy blue knickers next.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Absolutely Bruce and ChrisSD. Many people, myself included, also buy a wallet to keep their passport in, as they do with their mobile phones.

Some people will be demanding the return of navy blue knickers next.
The Australian passport office give you a wallet to keep your passport in anyway.

My beef with our passport office is that a number of countries require your passport to have a minimum of 6 months validity left. This means you have to renew your passport at least six months before it expires BUT they don't add that to the length of the replacement passport which the British government does for example.

I wrote to the foreign minister complaining about this - she said that they were looking into it - nothing has happened so far. I shirt fronted my local MP in the shopping mall and he has said he will follow it up. Not heard back from him yet.

Thieving bastards!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The Australian passport office give you a wallet to keep your passport in anyway.

My beef with our passport office is that a number of countries require your passport to have a minimum of 6 months validity left. This means you have to renew your passport at least six months before it expires BUT they don't add that to the length of the replacement passport which the British government does for example.

I wrote to the foreign minister complaining about this - she said that they were looking into it - nothing has happened so far. I shirt fronted my local MP in the shopping mall and he has said he will follow it up. Not heard back from him yet.

Thieving bastards!
We too are supposed to renew our passports six months before expiry. I remember some years ago in Bali one of the passengers on our flight was refused entry because he had only 3 months left on his passport. He did get in after paying out some money. I'm not sure these days, but I can't recall that when renewing our passports they were "backdated". I always renew ours six months before they expire, but they always run from the date of the new one. I'm due to renew ours around January 2019, so perhaps things have changed, I really don't know.
Jude
Germany
Jude is female  Jude has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2018, 12:48 PM

You can renew up to 9 months before your passport expires. My last one was good for 10years and seven months. My current one that I renewed last month was renewed almost at the last minute so has just ten years validity.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 08:58 AM

Mine is just a year old too
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 04:11 PM

I don't know what all the fuss is, I have a passport cover which is black - for people who don't like their EU passport, just get a cover for it - simples.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I don't know what all the fuss is, I have a passport cover which is black - for people who don't like their EU passport, just get a cover for it - simples.
Ah, but you can't cover up the second page inside. The dreaded EU is named there too.

Can I stick something over it, or even cross it out?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2018, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah, but you can't cover up the second page inside. The dreaded EU is named there too.

Can I stick something over it, or even cross it out?
You can shove it up your nose if it makes you feel better.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top