Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:05 PM

Re: What kind of Brexit do you want?

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Interesting translation of out although as a remainer I'm not that surprised really.
The translation means that we shall still be subject to many of their rules and continue to pay for the privilege.

I still think we should just walk.

As JRM and other intelligent politicians have said, there is absolutely no evidence that we owe them anything. Have you ever seen an itemised bill? No, thought not.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I just want 'out ' that is what I voted for, I thought everything else would fall into place in time .
If the EU can come to some amicable trade agreement that is fine, if not we will survive trading with the rest of the world most of whom don't belong to the EU anyway.

I hadn't anticipated that the whole process of our leaving the EU would be such a farce with politics taking centre stage and unnecessary obstacles put in our way at every turn . It should really have been a comparatively easy thing to leave when we have so many mutual laws and interests in common with the EU.
I don't know why the EU is concerned other countries might want to leave if they give us a good deal , if is is so wonderful belonging to this protectionist club no one else will want to leave will they.

There have been announcements recently of inward investment into the UK some listed here..
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-42131742
more will follow in spite of what we have heard to the contrary .
I believe whatever happens London will stay one of the top financial centres in the world along with New York, Hong Kong and Singapore regardless of a few narrow thinking people trying to tell us otherwise . Some seem to think the EU is at the centre of everything, part of the propaganda put out by the EU itself . Too many people are doing well out of the EU to want the bubble to burst.

I am please any payments we have committed to make to the EU are to be paid over a long period, with a bit of luck the EU may implode before we have to complete all the payments particularly when other countries see how well we are doing on the outside.

I think some people have been far to critical of Mrs May, giving the circumstances surrounding our departure I can't see anyone else having done a much better job.
I agree with this. Well, most of it except the final paragraph.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-12-2017, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If we lower tariffs without a specific trade deal, we have to offer those tariffs to all in the WTO.

That is the way the system operates.
Agreed. We should do so.

Except for German cars and French wine, of course!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Any Rational analysis of your post would show how much you are wrong.

Our Benefits system is unique in the EU.

That is why so many come here to the UK.

A simple example.

Anna came here last year, I took her to the Job Center to get her NI Number.

Five minutes and she had one.

No checks at all on her Criminal Record or Qualifications.

No check on her ability to speak or write English.

She can do both and is a highly qualified Food Microbiologist.

The Interview was conducted in Polish.

I do work in both Poland and France.

The French interview was entirely in French, not an issue for me.

My Polish Interview started off in Polish, very basic stuff.

I do work for the Polish Government.

My Formal Polish is not very good, my written Polish is terrible.

My informal Polish, slang words and swearing is very good.

I got my Number straight away.

If we adopted the same systems, EU Immigration would be decimated.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make?

So what if Anna got an NI number...

Btw Every single Polish person I've met is highly qualified in something and in this country they are waiting tables, painting and decorating and labouring.

So what#s your point?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree with this. Well, most of it except the final paragraph.
JB our choice was limited, if not May it would have been Corbyn and imagine what mess that puppet would have made with Momentum pulling his strings.

I had to laugh at am item on the radio the other day, someone was talking about the photo shoot for GQ magazine on which JC recently appeared and how surprised they were to find JC's every word and move was choreograph by his resident team. He seemed to have not to have a say in anything.

I shudder to think what kind of deal we would have got with Corbyn in charge .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-12-2017, 08:57 PM

JB our choice was limited, if not May it would have been Corbyn and imagine what mess that puppet would have made with Momentum pulling his strings.

I had to laugh at am item on the radio the other day, someone was talking about the photo shoot for GQ magazine on which JC recently appeared and how surprised they were to find JC's every word and move was choreograph by his resident team. He seemed to have not to have a say in anything.

I shudder to think what kind of deal we would have got with Corbyn in charge .
I agree completely about Compo, but who said anything about him conducting Brexit?

My point is that May had the option of walking away and paying them nothing. No ECJ overruling British courts, no uncontrolled immigration, no having to give in to EU rules and diktats.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree completely about Compo, but who said anything about him conducting Brexit?

My point is that May had the option of walking away and paying them nothing. No ECJ overruling British courts, no uncontrolled immigration, no having to give in to EU rules and diktats.
I don't think she could, whatever she does has to get the approval of a majority in Parliament doesn't it and not enough have the guts to walk away..
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 09:03 PM

I was struck by how many goods actually come from other places and on which we are presumably paying a tariff because they are outside the EU.
The EU has trade agreements with these countries so we don't need one presently. That's why they are so cheap.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

08-12-2017, 09:10 PM

I don't think she could, whatever she does has to get the approval of a majority in Parliament doesn't it and not enough have the guts to walk away..
Then she, and all of the other MPs who disagree with that option, should consider the tenability of their seats when the next general election comes along.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2017, 11:04 PM

Simple - I want a Brexit which won't make us all poorer. And I want to remain good neighbours with the rest of Europe - I firmly believe it is very important.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top