Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 04:45 PM

Seen any good bands this year?

What bands or artists have you been to see live this year, if any? This includes musicals and other concerts.

My main hobby is popular music and I try to see as many groups as I can, pending time, holidays and funds. I've seen the following acts this year at both small and large venues (in this order):

Ed Cheevers - Unsung country music songwriter from Texas
Black Kes - Local band
Loudhailer - Local band
Flaming Lips - Wonderfully psychedelic U.S. band
Public Service Broadcasting - Experimental electronic band
Jeff Lynne’s ELO - The legendary Jeff Lynne. Probably the best copncert of the year.
Keep It Cash - Local band performing the songs of Johnny Cash brilliantly.
Gary Numan (twice) - Hull and Manchester for this musician with a massive fan base enjoying a comeback.
The Stranglers - Perennially a great band, great hits, great humour.
Big Country - Likewise, the eighties Scots band sounding fantastic.
The Ruts - Now called Ruts DC. Politically-charged post-punk band.
Joanne Shaw-Taylor - Britain's top female blues guitarist/songwriter.
Big Boy Bloater & The Limits - Rowdy London-based outfit.
Australian Pink Floyd - The biggest cover band in the world, performing Pink Floyd's music flawlessly with a terrific light show. Leeds Arena.
Black Star Riders - Ex-Thin Lizzy guitarist Scott Gorham with his Los Angeles colleagues. Great fun night.
Blues Pills - Swedish blues-rock outfit.
Heaven 17 - The classic 80's pop band. Great music, brilliant personalities.
Blancmange - Neil Arthur's offbeat pop/dance act. Another really droll character.
Beautiful: The Carole King musical - Enjoyed the first half but had to leave early.

Anyone else seen any bands this year?
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 04:58 PM

Re: Seen any good bands this year?

No, I had tickets to see Al Stewart (whom I've seen before) but was sick.

Big Country sounds good though, Jeff Lynne too - I'm envious, would have loved to see them. Will listen to them after my tea, thanks for posting that's my listening sorted for the evening and has cheered me up a bit.

We need music for our souls.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
No, I had tickets to see Al Stewart (whom I've seen before) but was Ill.

Big Country sounds good though - I'm envious, would have loved to see them. Will listen to them after my tea, thanks for posting that's my listening sorted.
Here you go, Ffosse. A few dates for Big Country next year:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...BWSugY_HQSztJg
I'll probably see them again in Cottingham (near Hull) next April.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 05:02 PM

Thanks, they were one of the better bands from the 80s and I rate them highly.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-12-2017, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Thanks, they were one of the better bands from the 80s and I rate them highly.
If you get chance, see The Stranglers. Always brilliant live and really good personalities.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 05:04 PM

Not even an elastic band
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-12-2017, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Not even an elastic band
Here you are, Realspeed. Some elastic bands, yesterday...
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 05:25 PM

I had booked to go to see James Blunt last month a good seat , but has the day got closer and emails kept coming almost daily about security checks, and saying the checks were in the street as well and queues were going to be long , and then was told to to be prepared to wait in the rain while security checks were done , my anxiety levels climbed higher and higher till on the day i felt to ill to go ..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-12-2017, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I had booked to go to see James Blunt last month a good seat , but has the day got closer and emails kept coming almost daily about security checks, and saying the checks were in the street as well and queues were going to be long , and then was told to to be prepared to wait in the rain while security checks were done , my anxiety levels climbed higher and higher till on the day i felt to ill to go ..
Sorry to hear that, Eliza, but I think you did the right thing.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2017, 06:07 PM

For years I got out of the habit of going to see anything like a main act band, though I did see some bands at my local pub

This summer I went to see the Upton - on - Severn Blues Festival, for the first time and I intend going again in 2018, and also going to a few more folk and blues festivals

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top