Join for free
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2017, 11:37 PM

Re: Theresa May suffers humiliation in Commons

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Edited for you JBR
Thanks.

That told them both!

Out of interest, what did you do to make the thing work this time? I thought it might have been something to do with my computer since a recent BIG Windows Update (that I didn't want).
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 02:30 AM

No great mystery jbr, I just put a different link in to the same video, there's a few versions from different contributors.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I completely agree.

I didn't see the Barnsley Question Time. I never watch it these days because it is so left-wing biased. I wish I'd seen it now, having heard all about it.
I too have mostly given up watching QT owing to its left wing, anti Brexit bias, but I happened to see this one.
I get the impression that Dimbleby and others on the panel were somewhat taken aback by the strength of feelings in the audience
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I too have mostly given up watching QT owing to its left wing, anti Brexit bias, but I happened to see this one.
I get the impression that Dimbleby and others on the panel were somewhat taken aback by the strength of feelings in the audience
Yes, it sounds like the BBC hadn't vetted them properly. They usually ensure there are well over half lefties, and then Dimplebum acts surprised when some of them start shouting the odds.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 01:34 PM

I watched this on BBC IPlayer. What a great speaker that member of the audience was. He told it exactly how it was. If anyone deserved both barrels it was Nicky Morgan and that Professor Richardson who's aim is that Brexit will collapse. I also admired (forgotten her name) the journalist on the panel giving Nicky Morgan what for. Well done to both.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I watched this on BBC IPlayer. What a great speaker that member of the audience was. He told it exactly how it was. If anyone deserved both barrels it was Nicky Morgan and that Professor Richardson who's aim is that Brexit will collapse. I also admired (forgotten her name) the journalist on the panel giving Nicky Morgan what for. Well done to both.
I watched the programme live .
SG do you mean Professor Winston, I was not pleased to hear he indicated the Lords might try to block the final bill
The blond lady was Isabel Oakeshott ,she used to be political editor of the Times and gave a good account of herself.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-12-2017, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
SG do you mean Professor Winston, I was not pleased to hear he indicated the Lords might try to block the final bill
The blond lady was Isabel Oakeshott ,she used to be political editor of the Times and gave a good account of herself.
If we really did live in a true democracy, Winston and the others like him wouldn't have a say in anything, other than a single vote like the rest of us.

The Lords should be disbanded completely, as they are almost entirely there because of BLiar and other PMs who want them simply to support their own political intentions.

Yes, Isabel Oakeshott is that rare breed: a very attractive lady with a very sensible and intelligent head on her shoulders. Not only that, but she speaks the truth and supports what little democracy that we still have left.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
It's a question of `them` and `us` isn't it? They are sheltered from the lives of us peasants because they live in a cocoon of wealth and privilege.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2017, 04:42 PM

Interesting piece from the warm hearted but acid tongue of Tony Parsons today.
Thought I would share it with you.

THE BIG LIE OVER EU VOTE

The greatest lie told to you during the EU referendum of 2016 was that your vote was final.

It was a far, far bigger lie even than the apocalyptic warnings from Project Fear about instant mass unemployment if we voted to leave. And it was a far greater fib than any promise on the Leave battle bus that the £350 million we send to Brussels every week would be immediately invested in the NHS.

Your vote was certainly not final. From the BBC to both houses of Parliament, the EU-loving establishment still hopes - and expects - to cast aside the vote of 17.4 million people who chose to leave the EU.

And after Wednesday's vote in the House of Commons, when MPs sided by 309 to 305 that THEY - and not the electorate - will have the power of veto over any deal negotiated by the British Prime Minister, it looks like their fantasy could become a reality.

The EU referendum result was not final for the 11 Tory MPs who chose to humiliate their Prime Minister just as she was about to board yet another plane to Brussels.
And the result was not final for Keir Starmer, Tony Blair, Jeremy Corbyn and a Labour Party that has never seemed more distant from the working class of this country.

And the EU referendum vote was not final for the BBC, that great, sneering, taxpayer-funded, openly-biased monolith that has lost all claim to be this nation's broadcaster.

What wild scenes of jubilation greeted the vote in the House of Commons to give MP's and not the people, the ultimate say in our departure from the EU.
How clearly those cheering MPs totally despise the ordinary voters of this nation, who decided that this country should get back control of its borders, its economy, its laws and its destiny. Never before have so many been derided as witless bigots by so few.

Personally, I would vote leave in 100 EU referendums and I confess I don't feel like a racist bigot. Do you? This is what they never understood - and still don't understand - in the currently crowing ranks of the Remainer camp.
Voting leave was never about hating anyone. It was about loving this country - truly loving it, being proud of our past and confident of our future outside of an increasingly federalist EU.
It wasn't the deal we were sold back in the Seventies. We were promised a common market.
The British never asked for the federalist wet dreams of Jean-Claude Junker
And I suspect we never will - no matter how many times the establishment orders the peasants back to the ballot box to vote until we finally get it right.

And one black day those who spit in the eye of democracy will realise they are playing a dangerous game, If you tell a people their vote is meaningless, then you deal democracy a fatal blow.

Enjoy your moment of triumph, all my Remainer chums. But be very careful what you wish for.

Unquote

Couldn’t have said it any better than that!

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

17-12-2017, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Yes of course Meg, thank you for putting that right. It was indeed Professor Winston. (Don't know where I got Richardson from?) and again, it was Isabel Oakeshott. What a great no nonsense speaker she was. clear, concise and knew exactly what the public feels about matters. We could do with more like her in Parliament. She's in the wrong job.

Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 15 16 17

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top