Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 12:22 PM

Re: Crunch Weekend.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The EU have been busy this morning.

We leave any transition Period on 31st December 2020, full stop.

During the Transition Period we have to keep Free Movement and all EU Rules.
Yes, they continue to dictate yet offer nothing, don't they?

"We will demand that the UK continues to pay us handsomely for the right to accept all of our rules and take in anyone from the EU who wishes to enter their country. In return, we shall consider a discussion of whether and, if so, how we shall trade with the UK."

Well, that's my interpretation, anyway.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, they continue to dictate yet offer nothing, don't they?

"We will demand that the UK continues to pay us handsomely for the right to accept all of our rules and take in anyone from the EU who wishes to enter their country. In return, we shall consider a discussion of whether and, if so, how we shall trade with the UK."

Well, that's my interpretation, anyway.
Hi

We got ourselves into this mess by asking for a transition period.

It should not have necessary, we are still not ready for a No Deal Scenario.

I do not blame the EU, if the boot was on the other foot and it was France that was leaving, I would have done exactly the same to them.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 01:26 PM

Hi

We got ourselves into this mess by asking for a transition period.

It should not have necessary, we are still not ready for a No Deal Scenario.

I do not blame the EU, if the boot was on the other foot and it was France that was leaving, I would have done exactly the same to them.
I agree.

May has handled this very badly and continues to give in to their demands.

We should have walked away right at the beginning and taken our chances. In the longer term, we'd have been far better off.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2017, 01:59 PM

I agree.

May has handled this very badly and continues to give in to their demands.

We should have walked away right at the beginning and taken our chances. In the longer term, we'd have been far better off.
Hi

I have to disagree JBR.

We should have immediately gone for getting all hte systems in place to leave and as soon as we had got that done, left, no need for transition and no need to go begging.

I really could not give two hoots about Eu Immigration, easily controlled, others do it.

I am equally not bothered about payments, I voted leave to avoid further integration.

No way I was going to commit to an EU Wide taxation policy, which is designed to help France and Germany.

That was my red line.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-12-2017, 02:05 PM

Hi

I have to disagree JBR.

We should have immediately gone for getting all hte systems in place to leave and as soon as we had got that done, left, no need for transition and no need to go begging.

I really could not give two hoots about Eu Immigration, easily controlled, others do it.

I am equally not bothered about payments, I voted leave to avoid further integration.

No way I was going to commit to an EU Wide taxation policy, which is designed to help France and Germany.

That was my red line.
I could go along with that.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

20-12-2017, 02:34 PM

I could go along with that.
Hi

Thank you for that.

We are our own worst enemies.

We are still one of the very few sending Child Benefits abroad, Cameron ran off to the EU to ask permission to stop, May has just agreed to continue this.

It riles me, it really does.

No other EU Country has ever asked for permission to stop it, they just do it.

Zac and Derek, whose businesses are registered at my address and who stay with me from time to time, do not claim for their children abroad.

They consider us total idiots for allowing this.

Our own Supreme Court have just ruled that we cannot deport EU Rough Sleepers.

Why not?, every other EU Country does so.

France deports tens of thousands of them.

Poland deports them on the spot, in the van, back to the Border, over you go.

A very sensible solution to my mind.

Poland is a very religious Country, entrenched Catholics.

Any trafficked Women and Kids get fantastic care, any illegals are dealt with far more ruthlessly than we do.

Into secure prison if no documents.

Non Halal food, standard rations, you eat them or you starve.

No contact with other prisoners, unless of course you are a People Trafficker of women and kids.

Then you take your chances.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-12-2017, 02:52 PM

Hi

Thank you for that.

We are our own worst enemies.

We are still one of the very few sending Child Benefits abroad, Cameron ran off to the EU to ask permission to stop, May has just agreed to continue this.

It riles me, it really does.

No other EU Country has ever asked for permission to stop it, they just do it.

Zac and Derek, whose businesses are registered at my address and who stay with me from time to time, do not claim for their children abroad.

They consider us total idiots for allowing this.

Our own Supreme Court have just ruled that we cannot deport EU Rough Sleepers.

Why not?, every other EU Country does so.

France deports tens of thousands of them.

Poland deports them on the spot, in the van, back to the Border, over you go.

A very sensible solution to my mind.

Poland is a very religious Country, entrenched Catholics.

Any trafficked Women and Kids get fantastic care, any illegals are dealt with far more ruthlessly than we do.

Into secure prison if no documents.

Non Halal food, standard rations, you eat them or you starve.

No contact with other prisoners, unless of course you are a People Trafficker of women and kids.

Then you take your chances.
If only we could do the same.

Too many do-gooders; too many weak or corrupt politicians.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

21-12-2017, 05:16 PM

Hi

The EU are now playing hard ball with Switzerland.

https://euobserver.com/foreign/140391

The Swiss pay into the EU Budget, yet they are still treated this way.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that we should just adopt the Canada style deal they are offering and get the hell out.

It would cause the minimum disruption and allow us to get on with negotiating new deals, providing we spend the Billions necessary.

As soon as we have enough new deals, which realistically be a few years away, we then dump the EU and along with it, the Irish Economy.

I will not be having the tail wagging the dog.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-12-2017, 06:22 PM

Hi

The EU are now playing hard ball with Switzerland.

https://euobserver.com/foreign/140391

The Swiss pay into the EU Budget, yet they are still treated this way.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that we should just adopt the Canada style deal they are offering and get the hell out.

It would cause the minimum disruption and allow us to get on with negotiating new deals, providing we spend the Billions necessary.

As soon as we have enough new deals, which realistically be a few years away, we then dump the EU and along with it, the Irish Economy.

I will not be having the tail wagging the dog.

The EU can't help themselves, can they? Perhaps they are doing the best they can to upset as many member nations as they can!

There seems to be no doubt that they want more control over the Swiss. Then it will be the Norwegians and then, if we haven't managed to extricate ourselves, us too.

I hope the other EU nations are watching! It is just possible that some of them will decide they've had enough and might follow us out.

The EU, as so many have predicted, is doomed! All empires fall sooner or later.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top