Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 05:53 PM

Re: Heating problem ?

Hello Fender Long time no see.

May I interrupt you a mo please, and ask approximately what the life expectancy of a Vallant Eco Max could be, assuming it was looked after and service regularly?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Make sure the pump is not running by turning the stat down before you bleed them, otherwise you will get more air in there. They should be bled in sequence as well.

Purwell, what does "in sequence" mean please?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Purwell, what does "in sequence" mean please?
Nearest to the pump first, and furthest away last.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-01-2018, 06:14 PM

Oh, thank you, I didn't know that.
My boiler is in a walk-in kitchen cupboard, with 1 rad just outside the cupboard, and another rad near the back door - 2 in the kitchen - so presumably I would do the one outside the cupboard first? I think the bathroom one might be slightly nearer than the one down by the back door, would it matter which I one I did next if there's not much in it?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 06:20 PM

Would not matter too much, but the important thing is to turn your stat down to stop the pump.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-01-2018, 06:25 PM

Would not matter too much, but the important thing is to turn your stat down to stop the pump.

So it might be better to do it when the heating is off altogether during the day then.
Thank you again.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hello Fender Long time no see.

May I interrupt you a mo please, and ask approximately what the life expectancy of a Vallant Eco Max could be, assuming it was looked after and service regularly?
Hiya Mups...
15 years should not be a problem if looked after.
I think Ideal are doing an 8 year guarantee on theirs at this time. Vaillant are generally an ok make.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

02-01-2018, 10:59 PM

Thanks very much Fender, hopefully mine will last a bit longer then, it is 11 years old.

Hope you're well.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 10:02 PM

With all due respect, that's not always the case, especially if the pump is upstairs.
Always bleed the radiators downstairs first ( air rises within the system ) If it's a fully pumped system, it should all be switched off, not just the room stat, as the pump still runs when hot water is being heated.
It would help if you could advise what type of system that you have. You said that it's an old system, so, do you have a hot water cylinder? If so, do you have one, or two Silver, or Blue topped valves in the airing cupboard? Have you ever had this problem before? Could you possibly take a photo of the timer / programmer and inside the airing cupboard.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:19 AM

I guess that it's OK then?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top