Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2018, 10:38 PM

fence panel down

The panel is being fixed on Monday . So at last then I can let Teazle free run in the garden
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 12:47 PM

Re: fence panel down

The moral of that story is to select fencing that has gaps in it rather than a solid flat panel. The wind can't get through your panels there. With something like a "hit and miss" panel the wind will get through so much less chance of being blown down.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2018, 02:40 PM

Ok if your having new fencing but not to match existing fence panels.

If you looked at the photo panels with gaps in would be totally out of place

The reason for the collapse was a rotten arris rail , but after
being there for 35 years it ain't done too bad.

The winds down here have been extreme which would damage almost any fence that had been there for that length of time
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

08-01-2018, 03:57 PM

Just put some bricks temp against bottom rail until I can fill the gap properly when it is a bit warmer. Just to stop Teazle trying to sneak underneath
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2018, 04:05 PM

It just needs painting now
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

08-01-2018, 04:11 PM

It has been pre treated Mags so nothing to do. I did ask the guys that
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2018, 01:04 AM

Nice job, did you do it yourself?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

09-01-2018, 02:29 PM

No I had a local firm do it. I am a great believer in supporting local firms where I can, you tend to get better service than national companies.

For example when we had our conservatory rebuilt from the dwarf wall up we had Anglian come and give us a quote. We then got in a local firm who quoted the same amount.

The local firm included 10 fanlight windows all locking and a glass heat reflection stay clean roof.

Anglian offered nothing, but kept pestering us for months afterwards.

As a lot of local trades here belong to a group of independent traders who meet up every fortnight, they soon get to know those who are "dodgy" customers and those who are good.
We have used lock smiths -tilers- bathroom fitters- window installers- plumbers- electricians and now fence people
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2018, 05:27 PM

I had a few fence panels blown down, from time-to-time when we've had strong winds. What i've done now is tie them all together with thin but strong rope. I drilled 6 holes in each panel, 3 either side, near the top; near the bottom, and in the middle. Then i tied each panel to its neighbour, going around the concrete post.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top