Join for free
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 07:26 PM

Consideration?

Why in DisneyWorld, of all places, would there be a need to post this sign in the busses that transport people to all of the parks?

"Please yield seats to seniors and persons with disabilities when requested."

Since when don't we do this automatically?

All the people I come across seem to be very accomodating.

Do any of you encounter such a level of inconsideration that signs would have to be posted?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 08:08 PM

Re: Consideration?

Well we don't have to worry any more as hey are closing down Disney world after a huge health scare.
Seems that the other day the health inspectors went into one of the food halls and spotted two 6ft mice escaping out the back door
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Well we don't have to worry any more as hey are closing down Disney world after a huge health scare.
Seems that the other day the health inspectors went into one of the food halls and spotted two 6ft mice escaping out the back door

I witnessed it; the place was infested.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 09:32 PM

Apparently, Donald Duck paid for the clean up, when asked how he was going to pay he just said ‘ put it on the bill”

I’ll get me coat..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 05:13 AM

Hi

It is sad fact of life, I am afraid.

Disney is very disabled friendly.

The first time I went to Disney with the kids, I was in a rigid leg brace and was pushed around in a wheel chair, with a leg extension, by my kids.

Great fun for them and always to the front of the queue.

Sadly, here in the UK, some people do no longer adhere to the standards of politeness we had years ago.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 11:21 AM

Same notice on our public transport over here Surfermom, as i need the space these days all i have to do is get the pushchairs and ladies with shopping trolley s the size of fridges to vacate the space.

By and large the general public are pretty good.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 11:28 AM

People are far too selfish to think of anyone else these days. I actually heard a young lady the other day saying she couldn't see why old people should be treated any different we are all equal these days, if they couldn't get on the bus quick enough they should wait until all the fitter people were seated first.

If I was a violent person I would have slapped her. But I have to content myself with a loud tut.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 11:35 AM

Personally, I don't think age has anything to do with it, there are plenty of older people who are fitter than the young ones but I would give up my seat to anyone who looked as though they needed it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Personally, I don't think age has anything to do with it, there are plenty of older people who are fitter than the young ones but I would give up my seat to anyone who looked as though they needed it.
Absolutely but it does no harm to respect your elders at all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Absolutely but it does no harm to respect your elders at all.
I agree and do.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top