Join for free
Page 16 of 23 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 04:36 PM

Re: NHS Malaise

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree Andre some like mind are part time they'd get less than that I'm thinking.
Look at the adverts for part time GPS
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 04:40 PM

I agree Andre some like mind are part time they'd get less than that I'm thinking.
Everyone who works part time gets less it's obvious .
However locum doctors and nurses can earn more .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2018, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Everyone who works part time gets less it's obvious .
However locum doctors and nurses can earn more .
I know,I wish we had a rolly eye smiley
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
The NHS might have extra funding for winter pressures what it doesn't have is enough staff. They are under enormous stress. Mrs May is being urged to get a grip, a big problem the failure to provide sufficient services at home and in the community for those requiring social care has added to pressure on hospital beds with disastrous knock-on affects for other patients requiring acute or routine treatment.
If you search the web for "How many staff does the NHS have"

This is what you get:-

"The NHS - a rewarding place to work. The National Health Service (NHS) is one of the largest employers in the world, and is the biggest in Europe, with over 1.3 million staff. For the NHS a typical day includes: over 835,000 people visiting their GP practice or practice nurse"

A better question would be "Are we getting value for money out of all the NHS Staff?"
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 03:20 PM

I know,I wish we had a rolly eye smiley
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If you search the web for "How many staff does the NHS have"

This is what you get:-

"The NHS - a rewarding place to work. The National Health Service (NHS) is one of the largest employers in the world, and is the biggest in Europe, with over 1.3 million staff.
Of which 1 million are pen pushers!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 03:02 PM

One in 10 nurses are leaving the NHS in England each year, according to official figures, raising fresh concerns about staffing shortages in hospitals.

Data published by NHS Digital on Wednesday shows that just under 33,500 nurses left the service in 2016-17 – 3,000 more than joined and 20% higher than the number who quit in 2012-13.

Although 6,976 (21%) of the nurses who left in the year to September 2017 were 55 or over (the age at which nurses can start retiring on a full pension), just over half (17,207) were under 40.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...quit-each-year
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-01-2018, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
One in 10 nurses are leaving the NHS in England each year, according to official figures, raising fresh concerns about staffing shortages in hospitals.

Data published by NHS Digital on Wednesday shows that just under 33,500 nurses left the service in 2016-17 – 3,000 more than joined and 20% higher than the number who quit in 2012-13.

Although 6,976 (21%) of the nurses who left in the year to September 2017 were 55 or over (the age at which nurses can start retiring on a full pension), just over half (17,207) were under 40.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...quit-each-year
Healthcare staff leaving the NHS can be related to teachers leaving schools.

In my opinion, the root cause of both of these - and no doubt other public services - is the change in society.

Society, or at least much of it, is becoming less responsible and more self-centred. Many people these days know all their rights but have forgotten their responsibilities.

Why has this happened? Well, the 'human rights' brigade and other do-gooders have certainly played their part. When it comes to the increase in criminal activities, greedy defence lawyers and ineffectual judges must carry the blame.

Ultimately, though, we must look to the government. They are the ones who make our laws (and, of course, the EU) and, I believe, some laws need changing.

Sadly, although our problems must be obvious to us all, those who have the power to make changes seem uninterested.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 03:15 PM

Good post.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2018, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Healthcare staff leaving the NHS can be related to teachers leaving schools.

In my opinion, the root cause of both of these - and no doubt other public services - is the change in society.

Society, or at least much of it, is becoming less responsible and more self-centred. Many people these days know all their rights but have forgotten their responsibilities.

Why has this happened? Well, the 'human rights' brigade and other do-gooders have certainly played their part. When it comes to the increase in criminal activities, greedy defence lawyers and ineffectual judges must carry the blame.

Ultimately, though, we must look to the government. They are the ones who make our laws (and, of course, the EU) and, I believe, some laws need changing.

Sadly, although our problems must be obvious to us all, those who have the power to make changes seem uninterested.

Simply because the barstewards in power want to privatise it to profit from it!!!

Page 16 of 23 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top