Join for free
Page 16 of 42 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 05:25 PM

Re: Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I don't view him as a smarmy weasel , I see him as a man who put the cards on the table and challenged the EU Parliament too many times to recall, but he was the only one who spoke the truth in a face of all opposition , was not belittled into shutting up , and proved that the liars and the cheats didn't even manage to put their case forward at the time, other than threats.

I've watched many a video of Farage in the EU Parliament, and he turned and said to all the Parliament, after the referendum result " you were laughing then, but you're not laughing now , are you ?"

That was so true, and the worst of them was Guy Verhofstadt who is a nasty piece of work and then proceeded to want to do his worst for us as revenge.

Ironically, most of what Farage said has actually been proven right since, in so many areas.
Not to me it hasn't.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I pity them. I see you're trying to be nice to them , Julie, .....part of the British tradition of not kicking an adversary when they are down in the gutter, but You must admit.......it is tempting when they are lying in their own shit and blood, with ripped clothes and unkempt hair and still spitting insults.

We should try not to get dragged in to the gutter with them.
Originally Posted by JBR ->

The way you see the remainiacs would explain much
Oh it does indeed explain much. Typical Brexiter attitudes to those who disagree with them. Unpleasant, sad fantasies and wishful thinking about blood and shit, ripped clothes and unkempt hair. Revolting and very revealing of the Brexiter mindset. You'd really like to see those who disagree with you reduced to that state, wouldn't you?

The Brexiters really do see it as a war they've one and the opposition should just surrender. But no chance sunshine. The battle will never be over and you've won nothing because if Brexit goes ahead you will drag not only the Remainers into poverty and the gutter but yourselves and your children as well. And the next generation will hate you for it.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

The way you see the remainiacs would explain much and this appears to co-ordinate with the fact that many of them are young people, inexperienced in life and quite outspoken about their unsubstantiated views.

We must hope and pray that, as they grow older and hopefully wiser, they become able to acquire some of the common sense that we Brexiteers already possess.
Typical arrogance and sense of entitlement from the Boomer generation. What makes yesterdays men (and women) think they have the right to patronise the next generation who are working to pay their pensions?

You are already trying to screw over the next generation with your Brexit vote, it's sadistic to bore the arse off them with lectures on how much wiser and superior you think you are as well.
twizzle
somerset

16-01-2018, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Most Remainers don't really think 17.5million Leave voters are bigots.
Not all Brexiters are bigots of course, there are bound to be a few exeptions. But I think most are and that bigotry and xenophobia secretly underpins most Brexit votes, whatever they say.

In fact, I think Brexiter ideolgy encapsulates all the worst aspects of human nature and Farage is all of this personified.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Not all Brexiters are bigots of course, there are bound to be a few exeptions. But I think most are and that bigotry and xenophobia secretly underpins most Brexit votes, whatever they say.

In fact, I think Brexiter ideolgy encapsulates all the worst aspects of human nature and Farage is all of this personified.
I am of the Boomer generation and I voted to stay in the EU as I see it as the only way we can go forward as a nation.
Every single leaver that I have spoken to in real life as opposed to cyber land has been xenophobic and in many case downright racist.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 06:30 PM

With all respect Purry as I don't really know your personal circumstances ( and it's none of my business anyway) you always seem to have to have someone to blame. Thatcher or Brexiteers. Perhaps you just don't like the idea of change?
twizzle
somerset

16-01-2018, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I don't view him as a smarmy weasel , I see him as a man who put the cards on the table and challenged the EU Parliament too many times to recall, but he was the only one who spoke the truth in a face of all opposition , was not belittled into shutting up , and proved that the liars and the cheats didn't even manage to put their case forward at the time, other than threats.

I've watched many a video of Farage in the EU Parliament, and he turned and said to all the Parliament, after the referendum result " you were laughing then, but you're not laughing now , are you ?"

That was so true, and the worst of them was Guy Verhofstadt who is a nasty piece of work and then proceeded to want to do his worst for us as revenge.

Ironically, most of what Farage said has actually been proven right since, in so many areas.
I see Farage as a self-serving snake oil salesman who showed the UK up badly in that interview and no wonder the Europeans laugh at him and us. I only hope they realise he represents the worst of the UK and we're no all like that. It would be embarrassing to be associated with a man like that.

I loved Verhofstadt's put downs of him though. Two of the best were:

“OK, let's be positive, we are getting rid of the biggest waste of EU budget: your salary.”

(he's a waste of air as well)

and

"I am shocked, Mr. Farage. You are presenting yourself as the defender of the little man, while you have an offshore financial construction."

Both so true, well said Verhofstadt, I'm sory you have to endure the likes of Farage.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

16-01-2018, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
With all respect Purry as I don't really know your personal circumstances ( and it's none of my business anyway) you always seem to have to have someone to blame. Thatcher or Brexiteers. Perhaps you just don't like the idea of change?
Have you anything useful to bring to the table?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Have you anything useful to bring to the table?
She always seems to say useful things.... do you?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2018, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Typical arrogance and sense of entitlement from the Boomer generation. What makes yesterdays men (and women) think they have the right to patronise the next generation who are working to pay their pensions?

You are already trying to screw over the next generation with your Brexit vote, it's sadistic to bore the arse off them with lectures on how much wiser and superior you think you are as well.
Excuse me fior butting in here and asking a personal question, but how old are you?

Page 16 of 42 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top