Join for free
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 05:33 PM

Having fun.

I have just returned home from visiting Iceland, (the frozen food store, for our American cousins).

When I got to the checkout and started loading my groceries on the belt, the cashier whipped through them faster than I could load them, leaving them to pile up in the packing area.

So I had to sort through and pack this enormous pile of groceries in a space simply not big enough.

I decided to get my own back on this cheeky mare and started, slowly mind, to pack my shopping away. When the Mare huffed and puffed at being kept waiting, I packed even more slowly.

The Mare finally got the message when after making snide remarks to the next customer, I packed even more slowly.

When I finally got done she told me the price and I started patting all my pockets looking for my wallet. Her look of exasperation made me pat all the more.

So, after I eventually paid, I smiled sweetly at her and said, "Who was it said that pensioners never have fun".
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 05:35 PM

Re: Having fun.

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
I have just returned home from visiting Iceland, (the frozen food store, for our American cousins).

When I got to the checkout and started loading my groceries on the belt, the cashier whipped through them faster than I could load them, leaving them to pile up in the packing area.

So I had to sort through and pack this enormous pile of groceries in a space simply not big enough.

I decided to get my own back on this cheeky mare and started, slowly mind, to pack my shopping away. When the Mare huffed and puffed at being kept waiting, I packed even more slowly.

The Mare finally got the message when after making snide remarks to the next customer, I packed even more slowly.

When I finally got done she told me the price and I started patting all my pockets looking for my wallet. Her look of exasperation made me pat all the more.

So, after I eventually paid, I smiled sweetly at her and said, "Who was it said that pensioners never have fun".
Not funny!
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 05:37 PM

I thought it was hilarious. Teach the woman to have some consideration for the people who pay her wages.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 05:40 PM

Not fair on other customers who were kept waiting. I am grateful to the person at the till who checks my things out quickly, I dislike hanging around whilst they do it.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 05:45 PM

I don't blame you Fogey. I can't understand why she didn't offer to help with your packing. Most check our operators ask me.

I would complain to the manager if I were you - just suggest that the checkout operators need retaining in customer relations.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 05:46 PM

Most checkout operators now ask if you'd like help with your packing. Perhaps you could ask for help next time.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

20-02-2018, 05:47 PM

I like to do my own packing, but I ensure I do it quickly so as not to keep others waiting.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 05:50 PM

I've been told they do this in Aldis too. If the checkout assistant ever puts the stuff through too fast for me when I go shopping I ask them to slow down, they usually do.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I've been told they do this in Aldis too. If the checkout assistant ever puts the stuff through too fast for me when I go shopping I ask them to slow down, they usually do.
I'm sure that the Aldi checkout operators are instructed to scan as fast as they can.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2018, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
I'm sure that the Aldi checkout operators are instructed to scan as fast as they can.
I've never done a big shop in there, but people have told me if you do, you need to be battle ready

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top