Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 12:11 AM

Re: Drama's on TV

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Fantasy world, I think 😂

Personally I have never fantasized about looking at bare bottoms, and puffing and blowing in bed!

That most certainly is extremely boring.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
I too know many decent families.
The Salt of the Earth

There never used to be so much drug taking and alcohol abuse.
I was referring to Tarantula's post actually, but yes I agree with you. Sign of the times.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
I do like a good drama...and "Murdoch Mysteries" comes to mind. I've been a fan of this show since watching my first episode. It's not a typical drama...as it's got a lot of tongue in cheek humour...within it. The star of the show is Yannick Bisson, whom I've come to adore...

It takes place in turn of the century (late 1800's/early 1900's) Toronto...and the actors are wonderful...in their parts. If you get a chance, do watch a few episodes...then you'll be hooked.
My favourite! (it's a bit Steampunky) I love Murdock, Crabtree and best of all Brackenreid! My youngest met him at Comicon in London.
Love Frankie Drake too!
A Place to call Home, Doctor Blake and Miss Fisher are excellent Aussi ones.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 12:31 AM

I must say that I do prefer TV dramas containing a bit of a compelling and gritty storyline. The ones I tend to watch are American box sets such as Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Dexter, The Wire and such like.
True, they all contain much violence and bad language but they are all filmed in real time (I can't be doing with fantasy like The Walking Dead etc), but they have tremendous actors and great stories.
I'm just coming to the end of Boardwalk Empire and that is just brilliant television. They keep me occupied in the middle of the night at the weekend when I can't sleep.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 12:39 AM

British ones: Peeky Blinders, Taboo, The Musketeers, Poldark, Vikings, Last Kingdom were all very good. Not much on this winter though.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I was referring to Tarantula's post actually, but yes I agree with you. Sign of the times.
Thank you Floydy.

I replied as I agreed with Tarantula's post.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

06-03-2018, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Thank you Floydy.

I replied as I agreed with Tarantula's post.

Oh alright then
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
British ones: Peeky Blinders, Taboo, The Musketeers, Poldark, Vikings, Last Kingdom were all very good. Not much on this winter though.
My kind too Tessa. 👍🏽
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It's all called entertainment. There has to be something which will attract the viewer and keep them watching. If that means sex, violence, swearing and so on then that's all based on events in real life to varying degrees.

If somebody made an eight-season boxed set about a family featuring a woman with a fluffy cat, a man tending his tomato plants and two cherubic children playing bat and ball, it may lose the interest of the more discerning, attention-hungry viewer somewhat.
People who find that sort of thing entertaining are sick, imo!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2018, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I can quite honestly say that I have never seen any one of those programmes, just as I never watch Soaps or Reality shows. I much prefer factual programmes.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top