Join for free
Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 04:49 PM

Re: Should we Limit or Stop Having Children.

If we do nothing we probably will hit the fan within a hundred years.

That may be all that we have left, anyway, as something is likely to hit the earth in about 150 years. The USA is trying to build a space ship which can stop that.

Space may be the only answer, in that long term, as the finding of inhabitable planets and the development of Space travel could be all there is.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We agree.

Bringing them here in large numbers is not going to help them. On the contrary, it will harm us.
Why should it harm us?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Why should it harm us?
Overpopulation.
Sharia law.

To name but two.

It won't affect me as I shall not be here, but how sad that our country will have ceased to exist in its present form and will have become just another third-world country.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Overpopulation.
Sharia law.

To name but two.

It won't affect me as I shall not be here, but how sad that our country will have ceased to exist in its present form and will have become just another third-world country.
Brits have infested many other countries over the centuries, the British Empire was a DISGRACE!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 05:41 PM

So did many other countries it was an age of Empires
That's the way it was you cannot judge situations then by the more she of today .
Today an entirely different situation has arisen one that threatens not us but will certainly have a negative impact on our children and grandchildren .
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

19-03-2018, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That's the way it was you cannot judge situations today by the mores of yesteryear.
I think the British Empire was the largest, comprised of countries all over the planet.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 05:47 PM

Ther have always been Empires Tara.
Spanish , Portuguese France Egyptian,Prussian Ottoman .
I think the biggest was the Roman Empire that conquered so much of the world including us !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 08:12 PM

That's the way it was you cannot judge situations then by the more she of today .
Today an entirely different situation has arisen one that threatens not us but will certainly have a negative impact on our children and grandchildren .
That's the thing that would concern me, but we don't have any.

If we had children, I would have encouraged them to emigrate before now to a country not under threat, such as Australia or New Zealand.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

19-03-2018, 08:23 PM

One of my children has already done so JBR he is an Australian citizen .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

19-03-2018, 08:29 PM

One of my children has already done so JBR he is an Australian citizen .
Sensible.

Page 9 of 12 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top