Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:36 PM

Re: Do you keep cash in the house?

Hi

Cash is king here.

I use it all the time.

I budget using cash, draw it out every two weeks,put it in my wallet and that way it is always easiest to see what you have left.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I keep a little cash in my wallet but never very much. Some coins for the coffee machine at work and about a tenner for milk etc.
I also keep an envelope with about £40 in it per month which covers newspapers, the window cleaner, a haircut and a couple of extra Lotto draws if needed.
If I'm going out at the weekend I'll get enough in cash from an ATM the day before on my way home from work.
Everything else I pay by card.
Yes, that is what I mean. Window cleaners only take cash.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
There's probably never more than about £25, It wasn't always like that though. When i bought my Cab & Plate about 30yrs ago, i paid over £17k
(at the time i'd paid about the same price for my house.) and the driver who was selling up wanted cash. Couldn.t believe it then, but as i got into the job and saw more Cabs bought and sold, it was always in cash, and not always with a receipt.
I bought an old second -hand heavy fireproof safe, now it's only used for important paperwork.
A safe!!!! Now that is posh
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-03-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Cash is king here.

I use it all the time.

I budget using cash, draw it out every two weeks,put it in my wallet and that way it is always easiest to see what you have left.
What if you were mugged Swimmy?
That is a worry these days.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 08:21 PM

Yes. During hurricane season, we can lose electricity for weeks at a time which means no ATMs, credit cards, and banks with restricted hours. For as little as a day to up to two weeks, we have had to work with businesses operating on a cash only basis.

At the end of the season we either do something fun with the cash or donate it.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-03-2018, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Yes. During hurricane season, we can lose electricity for weeks at a time which means no ATMs, credit cards, and banks with restricted hours. For as little as a day to up to two weeks, we have had to work with businesses operating on a cash only basis.

At the end of the season we either do something fun with the cash or donate it.
Oh, of course, Surferbabe, I never thought of it that way.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 09:02 PM

Well we are like Swimmy, we don't buy things on credit cards etc. so my Husband carries the weeks money in his wallet and I have just £20 in my purse.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
What if you were mugged Swimmy?
That is a worry these days.
Hi

Not a common occurrence in Prees.

My wallet is slash proof and has a metal chain on it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pacsafe-RFI...f=cts_lu_1_vtp

When I am fit and well I travel extensively.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Yes, that is what I mean. Window cleaners only take cash.
My local window cleaner prefers a bank transfer for payment, as does the lady who cuts my lawns.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 10:38 PM

I did, stopped for a while then the shop below had it's ATM stolen, so now I keep £20 or so. No need for money in hospital, though.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top