Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 10:27 PM

Re: What is the most dangerous thing you have ever done?

Climbing to the top of Snowdon . Not long after leaving the summit, a gale blew up. Couldn't see much in front of us, being in the clouds, and the wind and rain were ferocious. Very scary and it took a long time to get down. Once down and into Llanberis, all the telegraph poles were down and electric off.
So we dropped into the nearest pub and had a few drinks by candle light whilst we got warm by an open fire.
No mobile phones in those days and things could have been very different.

One week later I was in hospital with a haemothorax and pleurisy. Off work for three months.... was it worth it ? NO
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Surfed with tiger sharks several times. Most of the time I didn't know it until pilots or people on shore mentioned having seen them near me.
lli
No, I take that back. [B]The most dangerous thing I do is get out there and drive with the general public[B] .
On this. I used to drive in Italy quite often and that really is an education in how not to use the highway code. There is only one rule: Don't stop!
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 10:56 PM

being born maybe!
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 02:02 AM

Driving from Ingleton in Yorkshire to Camberley in Surrey in a thick fog all the way except through Slough were it was clear
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 05:12 AM

I think if I thought something was dangerous I wouldn't do it.

Actually I have swum in the Amazon where there are lots of piranhas but not before I was assured that they are not dangerous at all not unless they are hungry in an enclosed area and go into a feeding frenzy. In open water no problem

I did lots of dangerous things as a kid but actually at the time they didn't seem dangerous at all. Exploring derelict houses three floors up stepping from beam to beam looking down at your pals on the ground floor...dangerous? Yes certainty but as a kid just another day with your pals.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I think if I thought something was dangerous I wouldn't do it.

Actually I have swum in the Amazon where there are lots of piranhas but not before I was assured that they are not dangerous at all not unless they are hungry in an enclosed area and go into a feeding frenzy. In open water no problem

I did lots of dangerous things as a kid but actually at the time they didn't seem dangerous at all. Exploring derelict houses three floors up stepping from beam to beam looking down at your pals on the ground floor...dangerous? Yes certainty but as a kid just another day with your pals.
Hi

A proper Yorkshire Lass.

When we are kids we are fearless,when we get older we appreciate the dangers.

My last working trip abroad was to a very dangerous place.

I was on high alert, the adrenaline was flowing.

I let my guard down, I was not expecting to be the victim of an attempted mugging in Stoke on Trent on a Sunday Morning on my way back home, in the Car Park for Wilkos in Longton.

Such is life.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 09:22 AM

I reckon it's only dangerous if you are fully aware of the dangers and choose it ignore it.

As children we don't take danger into account and as a result some children die or, are badly injured, especially years ago.

The demolition of old buildings sites were never secured and even though we were told not to play there, we did, too tempting a play opportunity. Like Summer says, we played in crumbling buildings, swung on ropes hanging from trees over streams, climbed huge trees, crawled into small spaces, built huge bonfires which had an den built into the bottom, never gave a thought about collapse. Swam in filthy, polluted canals that parents called dog broth 😂 Floated home made boats down a river, while overhanging the bank, played near quarries, the list is endless. We were given more freedom to roam in those days and inevitably some children lost their lives.
Those of us who survived were lucky. We all undertook dangerous things, unknowingly. It's only as we got older we realised how much danger we put ourselves in.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 10:12 AM

In my first job, we used to have great fun squirting lighter fuel in a long line then setting light to it. Lighter fuel burns off with burning the surface.

On a drunken night out with my mate, we met two young ladies and took them back to our place of work and I had the idea of impressing them by squirting lighter fuel over my glasses then setting light to them. Luckily, my mate who was as drunk as I was stopped me before I could burn my hair off.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 11:15 AM

The above posts remind me of crossing the railway line with my friends. Never dreaming a fast train could come along!

Longy, reminded me of when l was in a hurry to go out and l dried my hair close to the electric ring on the cooker, it singed my hair badly at the front and there was an awful burning smell!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 11:40 AM

Easy, i have pointed out the many shortcomings of the Female of the species.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top