Join for free
Page 215 of 255 « First < 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 04:20 PM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

two rounds of toast , chicken and veg soup with two slices bread ,
dont know what im having for Tea,

did my walk the opposite way round today , it was much more taxing .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 06:09 PM

Hi

Roast veg, done in my new air fryer.

Just 10 ml of oil,delicious.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Roast veg, done in my new air fryer.

Just 10 ml of oil,delicious.
what did you have with it ?

for tea i had Salmon on Brown Bread , very filling ..
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 01:06 PM

Chicken Curry and Rice today.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

22-03-2018, 05:23 PM

Banana , two Crumpets , and veg soup Today.

and a good walk .
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 09:12 AM

Eliza, please don't be offended by what i'm saying, but you don't seem to eat much and what you do eat is lots of carbs!

e.g. Bread, Rice, Bananas, Crumpets etc.

Today back to being healthy with:

Smoked Haddock, 1 potato, runnerbeans & Courgette & Pepper bake.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

23-03-2018, 09:33 AM

Hi Susie , im not offended ,ive been told before that i don't eat enough to keep a Sparrow alive.
I agree i do eat a lot of carbs , they fill me up , I feel empty if i dont have some bread during the day .
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

23-03-2018, 12:02 PM

Yes I did notice yesterday that you had 6 slices of bread that day, wow!

It would be more healthy for you to have wraps instead of the bread.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2018, 01:05 PM

I have no idea what weight I am, I refuse to step on scales and when I have to, when at the GP or hospital for example, I ask them not to say out loud, just write it in my notes

I wear size 10 jeans and 14/16 tops. Im a lollipop. Skinny legs and round belly. No bum or hips, just boobs and belly . I fluctuate between 9 and 10 and a half stone when I really shouldn't be above 9 but hey ho - such is life

Like others I don't care about the weight so much, just now getting older worry about the health risks of a poor diet

I think Ive mentioned I cook 90% of what we eat from scratch and that I do full fat everything and Im partial to a slice of bread with my butter

I don't like veg, never have had ( force fed as a child has that effect) but I do my best to eat them as long as Ive cooked them. I don't panic too much about getting five a day, Im feeling really pleased if I get 3. Im also not fussed on fruit, I don't ever think Oh I fancy a banana/apple/orange etc

So my idea of healthy eating could be way out of skelter with others but it works for me and mine. I do eat oily fish, I don't eat much in the way of sausages, ham etc, mostly eat chicken, eggs and cheese and what little red meat I do eat, it a small old fashion portion for me - a slice or two of paper thin beef for example . If we do want cakes or biscuits , they are home made. same with pies, all home made, lard and butter in the pastry and a beef stew isn't right unless there is dumplings

Im like Eliza, I do prefer a sandwich to a meal any-day of the week but I now keep the bread down to work days when Ive no left overs to take for lunch, so now Im down to about 10 slices a week on a bad week. Ive stopped making bread because I honestly could demolish a loaf with a pack of butter all by myself in one sitting

What I do always try to have, is fresh home made soup at hand. Every Sunday when Im getting the dinner on I make two pots of soup, a chunky vegetable broth for Mr Missy ( he doesn't like blended soups ) and a blended soup for me and mum.Our may be leek and potato, butternut squash, red pepper and tomato, anything really. I freeze half of both and the rest goes in the fridge and if Im hungry, a cup of soup is a quick fix. Ive even had soup for breakfast - keeps me away from the bread bin
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

23-03-2018, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Yes I did notice yesterday that you had 6 slices of bread that day, wow!

It would be more healthy for you to have wraps instead of the bread.
I will try the wraps , see if they fill me .

Page 215 of 255 « First < 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top