Join for free
Page 46 of 276 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 10:30 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

Well today my sister was telling me I had to make a will; it didn't make for a particularly cheery conversation.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2018, 11:15 PM

Ffosse, I know those infections are a downside of the chemo, but you'll bounce back from that. Are you feeling better today? You sound good around the forum .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 11:29 AM

I feel better today, like like I want to go for a walk, explore my surroundings a bit, but I'm hooked up to this machine which makes even small walks cumbersome. I don't have a fever any more, at least
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I feel better today, like like I want to go for a walk, explore my surroundings a bit, but I'm hooked up to this machine which makes even small walks cumbersome. I don't have a fever any more, at least
Glad the fever has gone Dreamy.
I hope you are reading something nice.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

21-03-2018, 08:13 PM

I've got a build up of fluid between my neck and shoulder muscles, extending to the base of my skull - this, too will be treated with antibiotics.

It's just all so wearing and tiresome. I wasn't born for this.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 08:26 PM

I've got a build up of fluid between my neck and shoulder muscles, extending to the base of my skull - this, too will be treated with antibiotics.

It's just all so wearing and tiresome. I wasn't born for this.
Oh no, something else
You are having a rotten time Dreamy.
I can only pray that you can get a good sleep tonight.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

22-03-2018, 02:54 PM

I slept well last night as I usually do. Trouble is, I'm starting to feel exhausted during the day, too - a combination of the cancer, boredom, the painkillers ( which have been increased) and the food they serve, which, while excellent, makes me feel full easily. Of course I needn't eat so much of it.

For entertainment I've got my iPhone and did enjoy a couple of podcasts, but can't get into any of the music or books I've got stored on it. For forums, I really need a bigger screen, You Tube just bores me. Don't get me wrong: it's a great phone but I would need my MacBook for anything serious.

So my days are much the same, dull, depressing, fearful of the future etc. I'm here but I have to be here. Onwards and downwards.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-03-2018, 09:04 PM

I slept well last night as I usually do. Trouble is, I'm starting to feel exhausted during the day, too - a combination of the cancer, boredom, the painkillers ( which have been increased) and the food they serve, which, while excellent, makes me feel full easily. Of course I needn't eat so much of it.

For entertainment I've got my iPhone and did enjoy a couple of podcasts, but can't get into any of the music or books I've got stored on it. For forums, I really need a bigger screen, You Tube just bores me. Don't get me wrong: it's a great phone but I would need my MacBook for anything serious.

So my days are much the same, dull, depressing, fearful of the future etc. I'm here but I have to be here. Onwards and downwards.
It is difficult. I will think, and see if I can come up with something to relieve the boredom.
I hope you have a good sleep tonight Dreamy.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-03-2018, 09:08 AM

I didn't; it was fitful and full of nightmares.

On the plus side, they've moved me back to my own room on Ward 8; I like it here, so much quieter and peaceful than other wards.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-03-2018, 12:36 PM

They say the antibiotics are working, my temps are down, but they're unsure what to do about this swollen mass that lies between my neck and shoulders at the back.

One consequence of this is that my chemo on Tuesday is cancelled; they couldn't go ahead with it until that mass is gone.

This means I won't be getting out anytime soon - they're now taking about the end of next week at the earliest. I don't know what the point of that 2 day stay was a couple of weeks ago, 20/20 but I told them it was my neck and shoulders that was bothering me then.

Page 46 of 276 « First < 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top