Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2012, 10:47 PM

Re: Knitted tea cosy (for a mug)

The first one is almost done... just hunting for the right button to finish it.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2012, 01:50 AM

I wish I could do one of those! I can knit but I cant remember the way to increase and decrease lol I'm ace at scarves though!!! Being a left hander has always been a confusing cross to bare! My late grandmother used to sit opposite me to teach me but she is no longer with us. Ive tried watching you tube but I still get confuddled!!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
I wish I could do one of those! I can knit but I cant remember the way to increase and decrease lol I'm ace at scarves though!!! Being a left hander has always been a confusing cross to bare! My late grandmother used to sit opposite me to teach me but she is no longer with us. Ive tried watching you tube but I still get confuddled!!
I did get some help from a youtube video for some of the crochet used to do the button loop, but my 85 yr old mother was the best resource when I decided to try this pattern. Once I knit the next once it will be amusing to see if they're anywhere near the same size.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 04:10 PM

They look nice. I knit a lot but mostly sweaters for me. I am currently knitting a guernsey with lots of cabling. Takes a bit of concentrating but I enjoy it. I also like crocheting but find it difficult to find a pattern for something I would want to wear.

Maybe we should start a thread where members can post up their patterns. A bit like the recipe thread.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

29-09-2012, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
They look nice. I knit a lot but mostly sweaters for me. I am currently knitting a guernsey with lots of cabling. Takes a bit of concentrating but I enjoy it. I also like crocheting but find it difficult to find a pattern for something I would want to wear.

Maybe we should start a thread where members can post up their patterns. A bit like the recipe thread.
Good idea! I found a cable needle today that's the same thickness as the needles I'm using so I think it will be easier to use. The first one I was shown (and which I purchased as I didn't know better) is very thin and I find it tricky to knit the stitches held on it.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 06:14 AM

They're rubbish! One of the ladies at my seniors' group made some for me. They either get stained with tea or coffee, get in your mouth or they are too hard to fit to the cup/mug (depends on the cup's handle placement).

Totally useless and impracticable.

Make a proper tea cozy for your tea pot and drink your beverage before it gets cold. Don't give them as presents except to people you don't like.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

29-09-2012, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
They're rubbish! One of the ladies at my seniors' group made some for me. They either get stained with tea or coffee, get in your mouth or they are too hard to fit to the cup/mug (depends on the cup's handle placement).

Totally useless and impracticable.
Interesting feedback, thanks.

Make a proper tea cozy for your tea pot and drink your beverage before it gets cold.
Ah... my knitting skills aren't up to a tea cozy yet!

Don't give them as presents except to people you don't like.
Too bad my ex mother-in-law isn't still around then.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2012, 12:48 PM

Here you are. Inside the mug is another made according to the pattern - too small to fit anything I or the knitter had.

Here the same wool has been used to make a tea cozy. Needs a bit of tweaking but I think it is brilliant considering the knitter hadn't even seen the teapot. Love the loop to hang it up with.

Photos taken with my mobile phone to send to the knitter hence crap quality.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2012, 01:29 PM

Actually Bruce I thought those pictures were really good considering they were done on your mobile.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada

01-10-2012, 01:03 AM

Bruce that's exactly the same pattern I found on the internet and tried knitting! Not only that, I did it in the same shade of wool! I like the tea cosy too. Got lots of wool left to play with now that I've got the hang of it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top