Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2010, 04:16 PM

Are they mad? Brand new homes in Ireland to be knocked down!

Brand new really nice looking homes in Ireland are to be knocked down

If they are going cheap they should advertise them to us lot in the UK... wonder how much they are!

They have been called the 'ghost estates' of the Irish Republic - about 300,000 homes built in the frenzy of the property boom that no-one wants to live in now.

Soon, many brand new houses could be demolished.
See vid here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8653238.stm
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2010, 08:58 PM

Re: Are they mad? Brand new homes in Ireland to be knocked down!

That's ridiculous! Not to be believed. Are you thinking of moving and telecommuting, Azz?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2010, 11:36 PM

I could move anywhere where they had a decent broadband connection so.... if they're going cheap I'd be interested
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2010, 01:55 PM

This seems really daft, doesn't it?
Surely something can be done - even if it's some pan-European idea to house immigrants with Ireland possibly receiving some income???? I dunno - just an idea.

There was a chap on the radio saying they had paid 450k euro at the peak of the boom and they would feel lucky to get an offer of 200k

Azz - you wouldn't like it. I'm pretty sure Rocky would have to be muzzled and kept on a max 5' lead at all times outside your own property if you went to Ireland. There was a time a few years back when we might have moved to Dublin. That law for 'Dangerous Dogs' was a major negative factor. Staffies were on the list and I suspect Rocky's family might have been too
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

01-05-2010, 02:06 PM

Didn't know that about DDA - one to avoid then

Plus it would be colder there than here... but I do love the Irish accent lol!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2010, 02:17 PM

The Guinness is better over there
dinahsmum
SW England

01-05-2010, 02:47 PM

Here's the Irish law - so Rocky's OK
Off you go then!
Interesting that they still have dog licences there (only 12.90 euro)
Doesn't stop them having big dog problems and sending strays here for rehoming though

Here's a nice little property for you, in 1 acre of land
£117k ($180k)
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

01-05-2010, 03:38 PM

Blimey that's cheap!

Maybe we should all move and take over one of those 'deserted' estates
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-05-2010, 04:09 PM

I wonder why they don't rent them out, there must be lots of people who need rented accommodation after losing their homes to the repo man.
I can't believe that houses are actually standing empty when there are people who need a roof over their head there are actually whole families living in hotel rooms on bed and breakfast it's disgusting.
val
Kent UK
val is female  val has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2010, 08:45 AM

Its amazing they don't rent them out, they are always saying there is a shortage of council houses. Maybe there's no work in that area. What a waste.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top