Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2017, 11:41 PM

Re: Anyone thought about emigrating elsewhere?

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Mine don't! And I'm damned if I was to drain my pipes!!

And the valve to the hot water pipe into the kitchen cannot be turned off. It's knackered.
What type of heating system do you have? - gch?
You should get that valve replaced. You'll need it when least convenient I expect.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Mine don't! And I'm damned if I was to drain my pipes!!

And the valve to the hot water pipe into the kitchen cannot be turned off. It's knackered.
A red gate valve? They are known for it.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
A red gate valve? They are known for it.
Gate valves have always been rubbish. Change it for a ball valve.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2017, 11:12 PM

We're only talking of the hot water pipe into the kitchen, fed from the water tank. Heating is by storage rads. No gas.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2017, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->

Interesting note. 50,000 British people have applied for Irish passports since the referendum in Britain. The population here is 4.5 million at present.
Thoses 50k will have been born in the uk with at least one Irish parent and have a uk passport

I advised my daughter to get an Irish passport as well as a UK one 20 odd years ago as her mother was Irish.
Bayardicus
Australia
Bayardicus is male  Bayardicus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 12:16 PM

...Not Spain....With a GFC...which could take place at any time, and probably without any warning, Spain will be among the first of the European nations, closely following Italy, to go down. In fact, avoid Europe altogether. In stead...think...CANADA....
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 04:33 PM

Well it was our intention to buy a camper van after we sell the house and spend at least 6 months of the year travelling and just trekking about all over the place.

It wont happen now but it was a nice dream.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2017, 06:12 PM

I intended to retire to Tuscany to keep Tony and Cherie company, not going to happen now.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-04-2017, 10:45 PM

We were due to emigrate to New Zealand many years ago, but, unfortunately, it all fell through. Other than that, Italy would be my choice. The history, culture, people, food, wine etc are excellent.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 03:51 PM

My husbands family were all due to emigrate to New Zealand when he was small but his mother backed out at the last minute. They had their tickets and everything. His Dad was furious as his best mate and family were going at the same time.

His Dad regretted it until the day he died (and he was only 62) and every time he and his wife had a row this would be dragged up and some furious rows resulted.

His mate and family settled down there and did really well and used to send photos of their new life but my FIL would never go and visit because he was sad at what he had missed out on.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top