Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 08:55 AM

Re: Advice please on paint colour

Oh gawd magnolia! Too safe and eighties!
Go wild! Anyway what if his furniture doesn't blend in? It's more expensive to change furniture than a rug or a carpet for that matter.
Depends on one's budget.
I like the "gentleman's club" look for men's homes. Worn leather, tweeds, tartans, stags horns, antiques etc. and beards...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 08:58 AM

...wood panneling, real fire, dark red, pipe smoke...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 08:58 AM

forget the advice given and go buy a can of Tartan paint. At least use it on one wall and it will be a conversation stopper for anyone visiting.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 08:59 AM

Tessa that sounds good barring the beards of course .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 09:01 AM

Hi MC can you ditch the carpet, if not I would go for white walls if there is white in the carpet then pick one other colour for cushions/curtains etc and stick to those tones, maybe a pale aquamarine .
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 09:03 AM

Wow your all so quick on here. I just wondered off to write up my profile thing and have come back to find loads of advice. Thank you all so much. Thinking about it I need to change the carpet as I bought the black/white one when first moved in because the concrete floor was covering everything including me in a layer of dust. Plus I need a sofa anyway.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Wow your all so quick on here. I just wondered off to write up my profile thing and have come back to find loads of advice. Thank you all so much. Thinking about it I need to change the carpet as I bought the black/white one when first moved in because the concrete floor was covering everything including me in a layer of dust. Plus I need a sofa anyway.
MC the floor really needs sealing before you put any new carpet down.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 09:09 AM

Choose a neutral colour for your background except grey it has connotations of prisons and battleships .
IMO greys and blacks are lethal for a sitting room .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2017, 09:10 AM

When I worked for BT (this is a true story) I went to do an installation in an Esher property including installing a red dial type telephone. When I got there another gentleman who was an interior designer had just agreed after looking through 300 different shades of red for one room. This meant furniture-carpets- walls- even down to lampshades of this particular chosen shade of red.

When I took the new phone out of its wrapping the lady said no it was not the colour red she had decided on, so I explained it was the only colour red BT phones were!!!!!!!!!

Yes you guessed it she turned to the interior designer and our passing glance to each other knew what she was was going to say, and she did

" i want everything and I mean everything to match that telephone red.

This as I said is absolutely true you couldn't make it up.

Outside the interior designer and I had a chat and he told me it had taken 3 weeks and all those shades of red for her to make up her mind, and I changed it in a second.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

11-06-2017, 09:13 AM

Don't change you carpet just get a polar bear instead of a dog as a pet , it would blend in well with your carpet

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top