Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 06:39 PM

Re: What does Christmas mean to you?

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I didn't write that crap.........MEEEEG....MAAAAGS....my account's been hacked.
That made me chuckle too

For me, Christmas is a bah humbug. But maybe I secretly wish I'd experienced those 'wonderful family' Christmases that I reckon are just made up

It was nice to watch my daughter at Christmas enjoying her presents and the joy and excitement etc - but aside from that......
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
By whom. the ghost of Christmas past
The Ghost of Christmas Crap Scribblings
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
That made me chuckle too

For me, Christmas is a bah humbug. But maybe I secretly wish I'd experienced those 'wonderful family' Christmases that I reckon are just made up

It was nice to watch my daughter at Christmas enjoying her presents and the joy and excitement etc - but aside from that......
I enjoy unwrapping my pressie......what time are you coming over on the 25th?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

12-12-2017, 06:44 PM

I enjoyed it when my kids were young and my mum was well......now it holds no interest at all.

Apart from the TV and turkey feast.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I enjoy unwrapping my pressie......what time are you coming over on the 25th?

.... I thought it was the other way round
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 07:07 PM

What does Christmas mean to me? Nothing, also crap TV.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Bloody hell, I've just read the tinsel dodgers thread, get a load of Meg and Mog, I'm never going in there again, rather chew wasps.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

12-12-2017, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->

Bring back the Great Escape
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 07:33 PM

What means the most to me is that this year I will be able to spend the day and have a meal with my son and daughter, their partners and my ex wife. Family together. This will be the third time this has happened in 16 years since my divorce. Apart from not being alone I will be warm, and well fed and have alcohol pushed on me by my son trying to get me tipsy and all the family's dogs and cats will be there. I will be able to have conversations, laugh and hear all their news. I will be staying the night so I can have a drink so will wake up without frozen body parts for a change, and not having to wear a bobble hat, multiple layers of clothes and gloves to sleep in.. Looking forward to it.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2017, 08:00 PM

I get quite emotional as it gets nearer , wish I didn't but I think it stems from memories past , when I could be with my mum and when I had little ones of my own to create the magic . I do hate the materialism though and all this false happiness that the TV tries to pretend is abound . I'll enjoy a few days with my grandchildren who will bring me joy and I can cuddle and love

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top