Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 04:16 PM

Re: I Need some help, Kitchen plinth

Is this a free standing dishwasher Swim or an integrated one?

The entire thing should just pull without having to adjust the feet as it had to go in that way. It's really difficult adjusting the feet when it's in place.

Has the kitchen floor been tiled or laid with laminate flooring?

You might find that it was laid after the dishwasher went in and so the dishwasher might not now come out unless the feet can be adjusted.

also you often find that the water supply pipe and disposal pipe prevent the unit from moving forward. When I've previously pulled my dishwasher out I've had to detatch them completely under the sink and feed them through the holes in the kitchen units.

If you end up getting a new dishwasher I would thoroughly recommend you get one of those 2 drawer units rather than a conventional dishwasher. They are so much more convenient, no bending down to stack and unstack and work a charm. I have a Fisher and Paykel one and would never go back to the old style dishwashers now.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 04:49 PM

Just for interest. Some free standing dishwashers are adjustable even when in place. There's sometimes a screw at the front that adjusts the rear legs up and down.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 04:58 PM

Hi

It is a fully integrated machine.

Everything is now disconnected, water electric, waste drain.

It is on a tiled floor and has adjustable legs.

The thing simply will not move, that is to say, I cannot move it.

I have one hand out of action now due to being stung by a coral earlier today.

I have two big strong young Polish lads arriving next Tuesday.

They will shift it, washing up for one is no problem.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2018, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is a fully integrated machine.
If it's integrated then it will probably be screwed in around the sides. Open the door and take a look esp at the underside of the top rim.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top