Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 12:16 PM

Re: Karcher window washer

The one I have has adjustable spray. Normal for windows and an attachment for a more powerful spray.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 09:06 PM

Well all the windows in the house done the old way today with a cloth, I would still use the Karcher for the Conservatory though and I still like me big karcher I use for cleaning the patio
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 10:39 PM

I'm not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree, but Marge has a Kärcher Window Vac. She's very happy with it and says it works well.

On the other hand, if you're talking about pressure washers, we used to have a Kärcher, but it leaked after a while and was repaired... then it leaked again, so we got a Nilfisk which is both lighter and more powerful, and has not gone wrong yet.
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 10:19 PM

In the past i've always got up the ladder with a bucket of hot soapy water, but i'm getting more hesitant, worried that i may miss a step. So last year a bought an extendable pole from Lidl .......... similar to this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Extend...-/382006626342
I only tried it once and found it a bit heavy, especially once the water was running. I live in an older house, so 3M isn't quite long enough, to reach the top of the upstairs windows i could do with it being 4M. Once the weather picks up, i may try again.
The other alternative i'm thinking about, downsize to a bungalow.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
In the past i've always got up the ladder with a bucket of hot soapy water, but i'm getting more hesitant, worried that i may miss a step. So last year a bought an extendable pole from Lidl .......... similar to this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-Extend...-/382006626342
I only tried it once and found it a bit heavy, especially once the water was running. I live in an older house, so 3M isn't quite long enough, to reach the top of the upstairs windows i could do with it being 4M. Once the weather picks up, i may try again.
The other alternative i'm thinking about, downsize to a bungalow.
I got one very similar to that for cleaning the conservatory roof. Not that I do it very often!
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 08:07 AM

We bought a Kärcher window cleaner about a year ago. It does the job. I've lent it to people to try out and they've bought one after.

I have a 5bar (72.5psi) pressure cleaner and a industrial vac from Kärcher and they both work great. As already said here you have to be really careful with the pressure cleaner as it strips paint and removes the surface off concrete.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 10:41 AM

I have been trying to get a window cleaner for almost three years now but no one is interested. I think they only like doing the bungalows on sunny days.

I was also thinking of getting one of the pole cleaners or hang out of the windows with a window vac.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have been trying to get a window cleaner for almost three years now but no one is interested. I think they only like doing the bungalows on sunny days.

I was also thinking of getting one of the pole cleaners or hang out of the windows with a window vac.
I am not sure you would get enough purchase on it when it is on the end of a pole, with the upstairs ones I have to pretty much hang out of the windows using the old method, a cloth and windowlene....the gap, even with the window wide open is not enough to get my window vac out
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 04:47 PM

my husband is Gadget Man so any new thing and we get it! 😂😂. Weve had a Karcher window cleaner for a few years. It is pretty good but I often forget Ive got it and use spray cleaner and kitchen roll. I can never find anything in our garage.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2018, 08:21 AM

I have read the reviews, i can't say i always believe them,so thought i would ask you,if you use one,watched a youtube video,seems to work pretty well,even on shower cubicles, (i hate cleaning shower cubicles),lol,they are quite expensive, £45 i believe. .they look much quicker to use as well,than the conventional way,lol.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top