Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 02:39 PM

I Have Just Received My Water Bill And I Nearly Collapsed!

I have a water meter and my half yearly water bill is usually around £115.

Today, l received my bill and it was a massive £357.47 for 193 days! I couldn’t believe it and thought l would collapse with the shock!!

I rang the Water people, it took ages to get through. When l eventually got through, the man said, there were 99 people after me in the queue!

He said, it might be an incorrect reading, or l had a leak. The thought of a leak, nearly took me over the edge!!

He asked, if l could take another reading. He advised me to take something to lever open the cover, a torch and a pair of gloves. It’s a good job l did, as the hole containing the meter was full of yuk, leaves and slugs!

I took the reading, 01472. What a relief! The bill ‘actual’ reading was 01572.

Luckily, l didn’t have to wait in a queue again, Steve at the call centre, rang me back. l told him the new reading and my bill was adjusted.

It made me think of other people who get huge bills due to their meter being read incorrectly. It really, is enough to make you either collapse or have a heart attack at the massive amount you think you’ll have to pay.

Has it ever happened to you, or someone you know?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 02:43 PM

Re: I Have Just Received My Water Bill And I Nearly Collapsed!

Hi

That is good news Art.

Some bills are just plain wrong.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 03:04 PM

How frightening for you Art . I'm glad it's sorted but it's horrible while your going through it isn't it , I end up stressed and upset while waiting on the phone for the call to be taken .

You can now exhale and breath
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 03:05 PM

Art, some people do not take the trouble to find out, glad you did and it worked out in your favour.

Doing rough math though it is interesting that bill you received is really not out of line over this side of the pond, just a little more than we would normally get. Hmmmmm, I may have to move over there.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 03:14 PM

I must admit I haven't a clue what we pay, it is done by direct debit.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I must admit I haven't a clue what we pay, it is done by direct debit.
Don't you look, I look just so I can complain about how high it is.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 03:26 PM

it's only a matter of time, that your Meter gats Smart Arty.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 03:26 PM

I dont have a water meteor and the bill was £540 for a year .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 03:32 PM

Like most meter readings they are estimated now and then add a percentage more just in case it is wrong. I was talking to our electricity/gas meter guy the other day, he was saying he was afraid of loosing his job now these "smart" meters are being pushed onto customers
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2018, 03:33 PM

We have a meter, it is compulsory here, I have just looked up what we pay per month, it is only £20.45 at the moment which is nothing. Admittedly it is likely to go up soon as our water company is being taken over. We paid much more when we didn't have a water meter.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top