Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2018, 07:20 PM

Re: YES: My favourite band. Analysis, thoughts about Yes or/& any derivative

Will try reposting later. Not allowing YT vids...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Bobby Àmericano ->
Will try reposting later. Not allowing YT vids...
Yeah, strange this Bobby. I was in the canteen earlier and could see videos, though I didn't try yours it was from Longfellow's thread. I'm now on my desktop in the office and I have those big black squares again!
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA
Bobby Àmericano is male  Bobby Àmericano has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 04:00 AM

This is a bit of a stretch but Bill Bruford of Yes did play with Genesis for a time! lol.

Anyway, this song gives me goose bumps! Listen to Tony's mellotron and Phil's drumming.... not to mention the brilliant Peter Gabriel!
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA

05-04-2018, 04:18 AM

These guys were a major influences on Yes.

I LOVE this song!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 04:20 AM

Hey Bobby , I had no idea Bill Bruford played with YES. Was then when they had two drummers? Phil Collins as well.
Anyway I LOVE old Genesis. Selling England by the Pound” is nothing but brilliant. Peter Gabriel is my favourite male vocalist.
What a great album that is.
Thanks.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA

05-04-2018, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Hey Bobby , I had no idea Bill Bruford played with YES. Was then when they had two drummers? Phil Collins as well.
Anyway I LOVE old Genesis. Selling England by the Pound” is nothing but brilliant. Peter Gabriel is my favourite male vocalist.
What a great album that is.
Thanks.
Thanks, Nikki. Yes, Bill and Phil were (are) mates. Phil used to listen to Yes at the Marquis Club in the early days and they became friends. When Peter left Phil came to the front and needed a drummer. Bill agreed to play temporarily with Genesis and can be hard on the Live Supper's Ready LP

I am glad I found a fellow fan! Great minds think alike!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 04:39 AM

Wow Bobby. You REALLY know your stuff. That’s truly amazing . Suppers Ready was another GREAT one. Listening to this stuff sure brings back old memories. I couldn’t get enough of Genesis back then. It was another band that allowed the imagination to drift away.
YES you found a fellow fan. Clearly WE have GREAT taste.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 05:13 AM

I too never knew about the Phil Collins and Yes connection Bobby. Great info there, and I always class Supper's Ready on a par with the great Yes epic Close To The Edge. Fantastic songs both.

Question: Did you ever get to see Steve Howe with Asia?
I saw the first album tour in 1982. Great concert.

Another good link there actually....Bill Bruford of Yes and John Wetton from Asia both played with King Crimson at one time. Funny how all these prog bands tend to be connected in some way!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

05-04-2018, 07:36 AM

This was mentioned earlier but I feel very fortunate to have been able to have lived in the music era that we did. In the ‘60’s we went from simple songs from the Beatles to complex songs from YES, Genesis and others in the ‘70’s.

The contrast was drastic. The Beatles songs were mostly 4/4 or 2/4,( cut time ) with simple chords, simple melodies, a few instruments and few chord changes. Whereas YES & Genesis has many instruments, complex melodies, complex chords, rhythm changes, chord changes and mind boggling dynamics. And to think we not only got to listen to them but many of us actually got to see them LIVE.
What a thrill. What a privilege.
Bobby Àmericano
AMERICA

05-04-2018, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Wow Bobby. You REALLY know your stuff. That’s truly amazing . Suppers Ready was another GREAT one. Listening to this stuff sure brings back old memories. I couldn’t get enough of Genesis back then. It was another band that allowed the imagination to drift away.
YES you found a fellow fan. Clearly WE have GREAT taste.
I meant to say Bill was on the live LP "Seconds Out" and played on Supper's Ready from that LP.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top