Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:39 AM

My BBQ Is A Status Symbol

It's almost 10 years old and apparently much sought after. So I shall now use it with pride and a smug smile while flipping burgers. Something to do with being a limited edition with a bright fire engine red lid.

I never knew till yesterday. I called the manufacturer about replacing the burners and when he looked it up he told me that it was much sought after and told me I could get a ridiculous price for a used BBQ

But I'm keeping it, how many can say they have such an illustrious burger burner. However may put a lock on it now

BBQ season is around the corner. What's your fave thing to throw on the grill?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:46 AM

Re: My BBQ Is A Status Symbol

I hate the smell of them, they make me feel quite sick. If we're having friends over in the summer for an outside meal then I cook the chicken, sausages ect in the oven inside and put bowls of salad on the big table outside along with what ever they are having to drink. Tastes just as nice and there's no pong.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:50 AM

I like burgers, sausage, kebabs, chicken with a lovely mixed salad and lots of relish.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I hate the smell of them, they make me feel quite sick. If we're having friends over in the summer for an outside meal then I cook the chicken, sausages ect in the oven inside and put bowls of salad on the big table outside along with what ever they are having to drink. Tastes just as nice and there's no pong.
That's odd Roxy. I have never heard anyone say that before. For me, it's all about the smell, particularly if I use some wood chips on top. Sorry, Not intending to make you feel sick.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
It's almost 10 years old and apparently much sought after. So I shall now use it with pride and a smug smile while flipping burgers. Something to do with being a limited edition with a bright fire engine red lid.

I never knew till yesterday. I called the manufacturer about replacing the burners and when he looked it up he told me that it was much sought after and told me I could get a ridiculous price for a used BBQ

But I'm keeping it, how many can say they have such an illustrious burger burner. However may put a lock on it now

BBQ season is around the corner. What's your fave thing to throw on the grill?
What make is it Adanac?
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:15 PM

Longdogs, Few were made so much like a limited edition car they don't lose their value is what I was told.

The red hood.... You can spot that thing a mile away. It's a Napoleon BBQ that we picked up end of season for half off. I would never pay the price now.

But they do carry an excellent warranty, lifetime on the frame and hood, half off on other parts such as the burners I replaced after 9 years of use.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:15 PM

We have never owned a BBQ.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

15-03-2018, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Longdogs, Few were made so much like a limited edition car they don't lose their value is what I was told.

The red hood.... You can spot that thing a mile away. It's a Napoleon BBQ that we picked up end of season for half off. I would never pay the price now.

But they do carry an excellent warranty, lifetime on the frame and hood, half off on other parts such as the burners I replaced after 9 years of use.
I haven't heard of that make but it sounds like a good one. it's always a good idea to buy the best you can afford. I have had cheap ones which have lasted barely a year or two but our current one is a Weber which we have had about fifteen years and still looks good as new.
Adanac
canada

15-03-2018, 12:24 PM

Longdogs, you did good in purchasing the Weber. Well worth the price. They are popular here.

If I have to buy another it will be a small Weber or another Napoleon. I do like the side burner features which mine does not have.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:25 PM

Much like Roxy I can't stand the smell

I also don't like the idea of cooking out in the open with insects and things around. I would cook indoors and then take it outside, but I'm not overly keen on eating outside either really.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top