Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:04 PM

Escape to the Country

I watch 'Escape to the country ' sometimes and cant understand why so many 'mature' older people want to get larger , often remote properties,.Surely as we get older we need less work, not something with more cleaning, upkeeping etc. they often choose remote areas, with no neighbours,what happens if they become ill and need help?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:07 PM

Re: Escape to the Country

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I watch 'Escape to the country ' sometimes and cant understand why so many 'mature' older people want to get larger , often remote properties,.Surely as we get older we need less work, not something with more cleaning, upkeeping etc. they often choose remote areas, with no neighbours,what happens if they become ill and need help?
I watch it a lot, I love noseying round houses, should have been an estate agent. But yeah, it always makes me wonder why they feel the need for such a huge house when there are only two of them, fair enough people might come stay but not enough to warrant spending a huge amount of money in case someone comes to stay. I guess some people are materialistic and like to impress. Give me small and quirky/quaint any day, less to clean!!!
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:12 PM

Don't understand it myself either. We down-sized once the children left home.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:25 PM

Deylon , some say they want room for their Children and grandchildren to visit .
What puzzles me is where the money comes from with the young looking for
houses ..

And recent shows have been showing houses in the Million price bracket ,
Not many can afford that price , so why show them ..
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Deylon , some say they want room for their Children and grandchildren to visit .
What puzzles me is where the money comes from with the young looking for
houses ..

And recent shows have been showing houses in the Million price bracket ,
Not many can afford that price , so why show them ..
Makes for better TV than an average couple looking for a two bedroom bungalow
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:35 PM

Beonashow people are most annoying especially those who have unreasonable expectations. They make a ridiculous offer on a property then announce the alterations they feel necessary, when the obvious snag being they want more than they can afford. The presenters are quick too realise if the chosen properties are going to meet the exacting demands if they are in an AONB.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Makes for better TV than an average couple looking for a two bedroom bungalow
But thats me ,
Leia
UK

19-03-2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
But thats me ,
But do you want to be on a show?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

19-03-2018, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
But do you want to be on a show?
Well if they pay me enough , Yes
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2018, 09:49 PM

as o p says,i can never understand why these retired couples want 4 to 6 bedroom houses,,,beats me

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top