Join for free
Les
Belfast - Northern Ireland
Les is male  Les has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2011, 04:55 PM

Jazz Saxophonist

Hi everyone, I've started to play at Residential and Nursing home, going by the name of Ion Jazz.

There are some very talented people within these establishments - And I find it very rewarding to play the music I love and to see them joining in!

I play Jazz classic's, Ballad songs mainly on saxophone with backing tracks - They love the fact that you have given up you time to bring them something!

Les.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2011, 07:40 PM

Re: Jazz Saxophonist

That sounds very rewarding Les, good luck to you.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2011, 08:13 PM

What a lovely thing to do Les - got any vids on youtube you can post?
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2011, 09:36 PM

That's very kind of you Les....must be very satisfying for you, especially when they join in with you.....
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

20-05-2011, 10:42 PM

Good to hear you are sharing your gift and look forward to sharing some toons in the music threads.

" Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art".

Charlie Parker

I only know of Charlie from an old Jethro Tull song but he has it about right.
Les
Les is male  Les has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2011, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
Good to hear you are sharing your gift and look forward to sharing some toons in the music threads.

" Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art".

Charlie Parker

I only know of Charlie from an old Jethro Tull song but he has it about right.
Love the quote - Very true!
Les

21-05-2011, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
What a lovely thing to do Les - got any vids on youtube you can post?
Utube - Thats an Idea, Im starting a new website will put some pics on there - and also here when I find out how too lol.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top