Join for free
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2012, 01:28 AM

Catch of the day: prosthetic leg

Early Thursday morning, shrimp-boat captain Matt Willingham caught a prosthetic leg covered in University of Kentucky emblems off the coast of Florida.

It's "not something you want to see at 2:00 a.m. I was hoping I wasn't going to find a body with it as well," Willingham told WKYT.

Willingham told the Northwest Florida Daily News that he's caught strange items previously, but "this was the first to catch a prosthetic leg."

The Soleus leg was wearing a Keen water sandal in a size 9 or 10.

Willingham contacted the media, hoping to reunite the leg with its owner. He then called the prosthetic manufacturer and tracked down the owner, former University of Kentucky running back Fred Robinson.

"I got the call and I was shocked! I just started laughing, they found my leg!" said Robinson.

Robinson and his family were boating over Memorial Day weekend. While he was swimming in the bay at the end of the day, the water current sucked his $30,000 prosthetic leg off.

Radcliff, Kentucky, native Robinson moved to Florida after the 2007 work accident that took his leg. He says he has two other prosthetic legs with UK symbols on them: "I've just always bled blue."

On Monday, Robinson will meet the man who caught his leg — and will pick up the prosthetic from the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office.

Yahoo news
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2012, 03:15 PM

Re: Catch of the day: prosthetic leg

It's nice to read a good story like that with a happy ending AJ.
One of my neighbours had a prosthetic leg fitted recently and it cost him a fortune, numerous visits for fittings and testings, now I know what they mean when they say it costs an arm and a leg.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2012, 07:14 PM

A friend of mine has one and a spare with a wellie on for when he goes fishing!!
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
A friend of mine has one and a spare with a wellie on for when he goes fishing!!
Did you share this story with him? I had no idea they were so expensive.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 07:15 PM

How clever of you to say that, now if it had been me I would have said wooden leg,now if it had been an arm I would have said False arm,ah well.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2012, 07:47 PM

An amazing story, with a happy ending, that made me laugh.
And I had no idea how expensive they were either
Thank goodness for the NHS.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top