Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 07:21 PM

Re: Team GB

GB Girls won their second game 3-0 so are through to the quarters as are Brazil. They play on Tuesday. Very good match to watch today and very good football. No falling over if someone touched you!
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2012, 07:22 PM

Agree with Annie but I also liked George
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 01:53 PM

Really good to see the GB ladies winning so well, it is to be hoped that the men follow suit this evening. Good luck to them anyway.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2012, 05:28 PM

Yes I liked George as well Seemed a nice man.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

30-07-2012, 01:24 PM

Team GB 3. UAE 1.

In the first half we looked a team growing in confidence and dominated a pretty static opposition. Sadly as is the case for all home produced teams we did not turn our possession into more goals than just the one from Giggs.

The second half started brightly but very quickly slowed to a crawl and our resolve seemed to have evaporated. The wake up call came on the hour when Alfalasi latched onto a peach of a pass, ghosted past our Jimmy Tomkins - who looked like he was staked to the pitch - and slotted home.

In truth we could have gone further behind as the UAE side looked the more likely.

Scott Sinclair came on and tapped in a second from very close range.
Daniel Sturridge added a third with a quality goal.
We need a draw against Uruguay to progress to the quarter-finals but a defeat would probably see us out.

Both Cleverley and Allen seem to be growing into the role of central midfielders that are working together and Stuart Pearce should be applauded for his vision to build a side around them.

A work in progress but better than many of the 'experts' would have envisaged or cynically wanted to see.

Onward.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2012, 07:45 PM

Well said Hammer, they may have made hard work of this win for long spells in the game but the substitutions were spot on and finally GB looked like a team that is gelling, slowly maybe but Rome wasn't built in a day but I personally think that a draw against Uruguay is not beyond this team and who knows, maybe they will carved another victory out?
I suppose that all the "expert" pundits will be ready sharpening their pencils in the hope that we get the elbow then they will once more start banging on about Beckham (yawn).
As ever, I wish Stuart and his squad the very best of luck.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

30-07-2012, 08:38 PM

Yes Bob, I noticed last night that Jonathan Pearce had to give the tiresome Beckham saga yet another airing even mentioning the Knighthood although I was heartened by the response from Mark Lawrenson who sounded as weary of it as we are.

As you say, good luck to Team GB.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2012, 07:32 PM

Equestrian event team got silver today. Well done shame we couldn't beat the Germans but still a good result.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK

31-07-2012, 08:13 PM

Yes DL, a very good effort and as you say, a shame we couldn't have made the gold medal but they didn't let the nation down. I see GB ladies are one up versus Brazil at present, carry on the good work girls!
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK

31-07-2012, 08:38 PM

Excellent first half. GB well worth their lead

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top