Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 06:36 PM

Re: Archery

Five weeks into my course of lessons and I love it, I bought my own equipment on Thursday, and used it today for the first time.
For those interested it is a recurve bow, an Hoyt riser and Samick carbon fibre limbs, the whole gear cost me £449, I am well pleased, because I still have my bike.
Mind you I might not have my wife for long, I go to the gym 6 days a week now.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 07:35 PM

I'm sure she can manage without you while your at the gym she won't begrudge you keeping fit and active.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2012, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Five weeks into my course of lessons and I love it, I bought my own equipment on Thursday, and used it today for the first time.
For those interested it is a recurve bow, an Hoyt riser and Samick carbon fibre limbs, the whole gear cost me £449, I am well pleased, because I still have my bike.
Mind you I might not have my wife for long, I go to the gym 6 days a week now.
Glad you're enjoying it! Does your wife have any interest in watching or even giving it a try?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2012, 09:08 AM

Not one bit Annie, sadly she prefers to be at home with a book, it bothers me.
But it is her own choice, and that is why our 53 year marriage has been successful.
We used to do things together, and still do things like housework, decorating and gardening, but that is as far as it goes.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

05-10-2012, 06:40 PM

I have found myself a nice little club with about 24 members, and only a mile and half from my home.
They have offered me a position there as soon as I have finished my training.
They shoot outdoor in the summer and have an indoor range for the winter.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2012, 06:50 PM

Really pleased it's going well and you're enjoying your new found hobby Arthur, certainly sounds like it's keeping you fit, what with that and all of your other pursuits you'll soon be needing a big "S" on your vest and be wearing your underpants outside of your trousers.....
Teabags
New Member!
arctic circle
Teabags is male 

11-03-2013, 02:24 AM

Graham, Im 61. Gulp I wish i didn't have to say that!! I started archery in 1982, shot for a couple of years and stopped for 20 years. Since taking it up again i've had a score off bow trophy. my pb at 18m is 296 out of a possible 300. Still room for improvement thou!! What im saying is you can do it. Like to hear how you are going with your shooting.
regards Teabags
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

11-03-2013, 10:15 AM

Hello and Welcome to the forum,
Well unfortunately since Christmas Eve I have been quite ill, and still not out of the woods, but hope to get back to it in a few weeks.
I am going to buy myself a target set up at home in my garden [I have 20 metres } I need a safe set up with catch net as well, that will give me plenty of time to get back.
I was doing all right before being taken ill, your shooting sounds good.
Teabags
New Member!
arctic circle
Teabags is male 

11-03-2013, 10:40 AM

Thanks Arthur. Found the forum earlier today looking for seniors archery here in OZ. Pleased you are feeling a bit better and are going to get back into it. If it wasnt for my archery my recovery from brain injury wouldnt have been so complete. Ive got an 18m (indoor distance) range at home. just finished rebuilding it and lining a section of my shed for archery stuff, like making arrows, bow tuning and the like. I can shoot up to about 23m but im comfortable at 18 same as i do indoors. I used to shoot outdoors but my balance suffered after the injury so i went indoors out of the wind and am enjoying the extra precission you need to shoot with so as to not hit the brick wall. lol. Il put up an archery related pic some time. All the best. Bob
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2013, 11:28 AM

Hello Robert, welcome to the forum
Glad to hear you are getting back into form Arthur
Our son, as you may remember, loves his archery .. he is still teaching the odd class of children. He also hires the club grounds for a day, for kids to have a go, as part of open days for the school. He has got two of the teachers interested
I hope you will post more of your progress.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top