Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 02:19 PM

Re: Poison pen letters and complaints !

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I was going to simply hand it to her but I'm not moving quick enough at the moment, I see her come in the doors down stairs but time I get alone my hall out onto communal landing she's long gone upstairs to her flat. I need to get quicker to catch her !
Don't do it on your own, you're far too vulnerable, and you need a witness just in case...may sound silly but it's important.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Have you ever seen The Texas Chainsaw Massacre?
Now don't put ideas in my head, my husband recently bought a really heavy duty hedge trimmer I might be tempted
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 03:20 PM

Are your council members thick Julie? Surely if they are receiving poisonous accusatory letters about you, your family, your dogs and other neighbours, they should have sussed by now that it is the work of one sick person????

I think it is a very good idea to take the mail to your neighbour but for goodness sake, do not go on your own or you could end up being accused of something again! I would also discreetly put recording on your mobile as well, just to cover yourself.

Would it not be a good idea to gather all those who have received letters from your dopey council to go into the council offices together and give them a piece of your minds. If it was me I would be telling the council that a letter should be written to the person doing this telling them to desist with these dreadful accusations or you will get the police involved, which you are perfectly entitled to do.

I hope you work something out though, you should be resting not geting grief such as this. xx
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 04:03 PM

What about, crossing out the number on the envelope so she can't see who received the letter, then write try number... (her number) and give it to the postie to pop in her door.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 04:13 PM

Are Woking borough council thick ? Now let's see .... Umm yes I think is the right answer.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 05:00 PM

Now don't put ideas in my head, my husband recently bought a really heavy duty hedge trimmer I might be tempted
Now, now Julie....I don't promote violence...

I encourage it
callistra
london uk
callistra is female  callistra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 05:14 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation, Julie.
As already mentioned, gathering together your evidence and presenting it to the council as a group might be more effective. It is their duty to investigate thoroughly for all parties concerned.
If you and others have been receiving nasty letters with unfounded allegations and unpleasant comments, then it might be worth contacting the police. Anonymous letters are considered ' Malicious communication'.
It is a pity when such behaviour causes suspicion and distress amongst neighbours.
Best wishes for a satisfactory resolution and your continued recuperation.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 05:37 PM

It was addressed to my home address but had her name, I am not sure legalities in that situation, I opened it as it had my address before I even looked at the name. I think council might be on slippy ground revealing her name to this address though all that data protection straight out the window by one simple human mistake.
Did not have your name on it so opening it you were braking the law.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I have inadvertently opened a letter addressed to my house by reading the address only and then realised it wasn't for me by rechecking the envelope. With a feeling of guilt, I resealed the envelope, wrote "Apologies, opened in error, not this address" and put it back in the post box.
That's what decent person does.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2017, 06:03 PM

Hi

The Council have an absolute duty to investigate complaints of statutory nuisance.

This includes barking dogs.

If the Council do not investigate properly they are liable to pay damages to the complainant.

I understood, and correct me if I am wrong, that the managing agents for the block you live in are not the Council?

If that is the case, then the Council would not investigate complaints about parking etc, it is nothing to do with them.

As regards the Noise Complaints, then, after giving the complainant Diary Sheets, they should but in an automatic noise monitor, a DAT Machine.

These will record any noise and the good ones can be analysed to identity which dog or dogs, are responsible for the noise, if indeed there is any noise.

The Council then serve a Statutory Notice and must put that on a Public Register of Notices, available for inspection by anyone.

A good way of finding out.

If the complainant makes a number of complaints which are found to be groundless, the Council can then write to the complainant and say that they are not investigating any further complaints of a similar nature.

What is known as a persistent or vexatious complainant.

That may be your best way forward in this instance.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top