Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 05:26 PM

Re: The Fish Woman

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I know full well what I'm wishing for and if it leads to break up of the UK into its constituent parts then so much the better.
Do you really think it will be in Scotland's best interest financially? No Barnet formula, the submarine base at Faslane with all its attendant jobs and investment relocated to Plymouth.?

How about a subject close to your heart? - the SNP MPs currently an opposition party in Westminster will have to return to Scotland allowing your `nasty party`, through a lack of a credible opposition in Labour or the Limp Dem parties to carry on as they wish.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
By" they" do you mean Nicola Sturgeon ?
Wee Jimmy and the SNP MPs in Westminster, along with those Scots who constantly whinge about another independence referendum.

Granted, that doesn't include any of the Scots who I know.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 05:31 PM

I live in Scotland and I personally don't know anyone who wants another independence referendum .
We had one and the people of Scotland gave their answer .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 05:32 PM

Hi

Rhian is Rhian, not anything else.

Whilst she is a complete lady, she also has the voice.

A prerequisite as a teacher of teenagers.

You have met your match here JBR, just give in gracefully, like all sensible men would.

I wouldn't argue with Ruthio either, they are like peas in a pod.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 05:36 PM

Do I need to stock up on my Islay malts? Not fond of the Irish whiskies and the Japanese stuff isn't much cop so I've heard. Wouldn't dream of drinking bourbon on a regular basis so there's only one option by the looks of things, start my own distillery. A Judd malt might be available in twelve years time. Now, where can I get some oak casks from.....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 06:13 PM

Correct me if i am wrong but I'm sure I read or heard very recently that if Scotland ever gained independence from the UK, the Shetlands Isles, Orkney and Rockall would vote for independence from Scotland if the Islands voted to remain with the Crown. Just a thought as wouldn't that include the rich fishing rights that Scotland currently has?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Do I need to stock up on my Islay malts? Not fond of the Irish whiskies and the Japanese stuff isn't much cop so I've heard.
Wouldn't dream of drinking bourbon on a regular basis so there's only one option by the looks of things, start my own distillery.
A Judd malt might be available in twelve years time. Now, where can I get some oak casks from.....
If there is an real threat to SCOTCH, that would be the end of life as we know it.
Judd is quite correct. Japanese and Irish whiskies are muck.

And as for that failed attempt by the Yanks to make a whisky, they call it Bourbon, should be fed only to radical Muslim prisoners as a deterrent to others - although that would amount to torture.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Correct me if i am wrong but I'm sure I read or heard very recently that if Scotland ever gained independence from the UK, the Shetlands Isles, Orkney and Rockall would vote for independence from Scotland if the Islands voted to remain with the Crown. Just a thought as wouldn't that include the rich fishing rights that Scotland currently has?
It's funny you should mention the Orkneys ...
they were in the news a few days ago.

Orkney to explore independence from Scotland and UK following Brexit
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...lowing-brexit/
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Rhian is Rhian, not anything else.

Whilst she is a complete lady, she also has the voice.

A prerequisite as a teacher of teenagers.

You have met your match here JBR, just give in gracefully, like all sensible men would.
I wouldn't dream of arguing with Rhian, apart from a little friendly banter, and I hope she sees it that way.

Come on, Rhian. What do you think of my proposed England + Wales flag?
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 07:50 PM

If the Islands can prove They are not part of Scotland ...,then there's nothing to stop London from jumping on the band wagon to prove They're not part of England...after all,THEY voted to remain in the EU didn't They?...fun & games eh!!!

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top