Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2017, 11:12 PM

Re: No Appointments

Yes, they always check for that JBR, but thanks for thinking of it anyway.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Yes that's the problem Mups....your GP can only refer you to the hospital Eye Clinic, and she has marked it urgent in the hopes that they will deal with you sooner.....then the hospital booking system comes into play and they then have to make the decision as to who out of all the other referrals from all the other GP's in the area as to who is deemed to be the most 'urgent'

Hi

The arrogance of the NHS and their know it all employees.

It is self righteous beyond belief.

Load of rubbish, can you prove that every NHS Trust does a professional triage on appointments?

Nope, you cannot.

I know for a fact that our NHS Trust just relies on a first come, first served basis.

If the NHS got it's priorities right, it would not be paying out Billions in damages for Medical Negligence.

To my mind, A and E Nurses should be paid far more than Community Nurses, 9 til 5 layabouts, earning a mint and unlimited coffee breaks.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 11:26 AM

Sorry to hear of your plight Mups, Mrs Fox had the same thing happen to her, after taking receipt of her new spectacles she found them to be wrong, she returned to the optician and had a new pair made, which were also wrong. After months of tooing and froing she was eventually diagnosed with cataracts.

An appointment was made and she had them done pronto. She has found that after having to wear specs since she was two years old, she can now manage without them. Although she does wear them for close up work.....

At our hospital [Doncaster Royal Infirmary] I have had speedy treatment for post Heart Attack monitoring, and my friend who has just been diagnosed with Prostate cancer has also had fast treatment, but Mrs Fox said the Eye Clinic was pandemonium with so many people turning up they had to queue up in the corridors. Some had their appointments cancelled, and some were given the wrong day.

Mrs Fox eventually had her cataracts done at Mexborough Montague Hospital, same authority but forty miles away. She would have been stuck if I had not had a car and been able to drive. [Foxy to the rescue!] It would seem that anything to do with the eyes is a common problem and the NHS find themselves totally under staffed in this area.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 06:52 PM

Well Foxy, I eventually got hold of the GP's secretary who handles the referrals yesterday, and she said she would tell the doctor about it and ring me today to let me know what she said.

Today has been and gone now . . . and not a bloody word!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well Foxy, I eventually got hold of the GP's secretary who handles the referrals yesterday, and she said she would tell the doctor about it and ring me today to let me know what she said.

Perhaps a bit of polite mithering may be called for.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 07:20 PM

A thought has just occurred to me.

I attend the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, which is very good. Then there's the renowned Moorfields Eye Hospital in London.

I seem to think that when your GP refers you, you are usually given a choice of hospitals. Could you specify the MREH or the MEH?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2017, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

They don't give a monkey's Mups, go and make a nuisance of yourself it's the only way.....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

26-01-2017, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
They don't give a monkey's Mups, go and make a nuisance of yourself it's the only way.....
It's true; it worked for my wife when her mother was being given the run around.

Yes, nag them and nag them until you get what you want, but nag politely!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-01-2017, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
A thought has just occurred to me.

I attend the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital, which is very good. Then there's the renowned Moorfields Eye Hospital in London.

I seem to think that when your GP refers you, you are usually given a choice of hospitals. Could you specify the MREH or the MEH?

They did hgive me choice of hospitals JBR, but they were all fairly local - within about a 18 miles radius.
I don't know if I could go further afield to one of my own choice, but I could enquire.
I'd also have to find someone to take me as I'd never find my way round London on my own.

I think you're probably right about nagging politely as well.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2017, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
To my mind, A and E Nurses should be paid far more than Community Nurses, 9 til 5 layabouts, earning a mint and unlimited coffee breaks.
This has what exactly to do with Mups's frustration and battle to get an appointment at the Eye Clinic?....

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top