Join for free
callistra
london uk
callistra is female  callistra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 04:54 PM

Life's a drag

I recently watched several series of RuPaul's Drag race.
I was so disheartened after my husband passed away, but watching this programme raised my spirits.
The support and 'family' provided by RuPaul, his co hosts and the wonderful, colourful contestants.
Many had been through various hardships and challenges in life.
I found their spirit and approach uplifting.
RuPaul songs, sayings, sharp wit and understanding made the show.
'After all, if you cant love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else' Can I get an Amen'

I was wondering if there was a programme that had made an impact on you ?
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 04:46 PM

Re: Life's a drag

I cant say any show really impacted me but I do sometimes watched drag race on Out TV and I admire the contestants for their skills..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 06:01 PM

Re: Life's a drag

I've never seen that one but I know the boys like it. I think most uplifting thing I watch is magic radio/video station some great songs always make me feel better.

That and any programme with Paul ogrady and animals he's an inspiration, love his radio 2 show too always makes me laugh,smile and cry !

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top