Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 09:06 PM

Two Flowers

It was a brilliant sunny day at the Portland Zoo today so I brought my Sony NEX-5N with the 55-200mm lens aboard. No matter how many animal pictures I take I still stop to capture a lovely display of wild flowers growing along the path. This shot turned out particularly nice.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 10:07 PM

Re: Two Flowers

Simply stunning Bob, beautiful colour...
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 12:59 AM

Love the depth of field and composition too... I note your praise of the camera, Bob, but you are certainly a talented photographer.
braveheart
Edinburgh
braveheart is male  braveheart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Love the depth of field and composition too... I note your praise of the camera, Bob, but you are certainly a talented photographer.
She's right it's not just the camera you certainly take nice photos.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by braveheart ->
She's right it's not just the camera you certainly take nice photos.
LOL Thank you for the compliment. I had to chuckle because I constantly hear from people viewing my photos that it's because I have fancy equipment. I have as much fun taking good photographs with pocket digitals, ie. point & shoot cameras as most with a top DSLR. I work at photography, it's my passion.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 01:45 PM

Somewhere I read of an author who complimented a photographer by saying ``You must have a great camera.``

The photographer replied ``I loved your last book. You must have a great typewriter.``
bobmielke
Portland, OR

29-09-2012, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Annie Jack ->
Somewhere I read of an author who complimented a photographer by saying ``You must have a great camera.``

The photographer replied ``I loved your last book. You must have a great typewriter.``
How about, "If I buy camera "x" it will make me a better photographer"! I've heard every excuse. I just finished looking at a photographer's blog and commented, asking her what editing software she used. She responded she didn't use software. I answered, "That's what I thought"! What else can you say and remain kind? A cellphone could take the photos she had posted. They were flat, no contrast, no zip and all of her subjects were composed dead center in the frame.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2012, 04:38 PM

Not every-one has your talent, and its unkind to critisise some-one who is trying their best.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2012, 02:50 PM

/Some posts have been deleted - please remember to post within our rules when posting. Thanks/

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top